'Sesame Street' unveils muppet to teach kids about hunger -- PHOTO

Geee

sesame-street-hunger-muppet-photo
Inside TV:

Sesame Street has a new muppet who is hungry for more than just cookies.

The iconic kids show is set to unveil a new impoverished puppet named Lily, whose family faces an ongoing struggle with hunger issues. Lily will be revealed in a one-hour Sesame Street primetime special, Growing Hope Against Hunger, which is being sponsored by Walmart. The special will star country singer Brad Paisley and his wife Kimberly Williams Paisley, as well as the Sesame Street Muppets.snip

This irritates me because back in 1969 when Sesame Street first started it was about teaching kids their letters and numbers etc. Now it has gone the way of our schools. Instead of teaching the basics they are teaching social messages. I used to 'have' my kids watch Sesame Street, now I will not 'let' my grandkids :angry:

Thanks, shoutGeee!

This upsets me less than the prog-push for Bert & Ernie to marry. Sanity seemed to prevail, when someone realized they had no gender & only shared a room.

If something beneficial comes from this.....I think it's OK......at least it isn't "Baby Food Desert."

Thanks, shoutGeee!

This upsets me less than the prog-push for Bert & Ernie to marry. Sanity seemed to prevail, when someone realized they had no gender & only shared a room.

If something beneficial comes from this.....I think it's OK......at least it isn't "Baby Food Desert."

SrWoodChuck!

Bert & Ernie, who plays catcher?

Thanks, shoutGeee!

SrWoodChuck!

Bert & Ernie, who plays catcher?

shoutPepper! Nice to have you back.

Since they're genderless......they can play the bases......although you really can't get to first base with a genderless puppet.

Now, when you're talking about Obama....... he isn't a genderless puppet......and at Man's Country, he's known as a relief pitcher.....but not a closer.