Amanda Knox acquitted of murder

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
main20114867.shtml
CBS News:

(CBS/AP) Last Updated 6:28 p.m. ET
PERUGIA, Italy - American student Amanda Knox, who was convicted by an Italian court for the 2007 murder of her roommate Meredith Kercher, was acquitted Monday by an appeals court.

Her murder conviction in the 2007 slaying of her roommate Meredith Kercher was thrown out by the jury, and she was ordered immediately released from prison after nearly four years of detention. She was seen leaving the prison about 90 minutes later.

Italian lawmaker Rocco Girlanda, who has spearheaded Knox's case and is close to the American, says she and her family will leave Italy on Tuesday aboard a commercial flight from Rome.

Knox collapsed in tears after the verdict was read out.

The murder conviction against her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito was also thrown out.

The judge upheld Knox's conviction on a charge of slander for accusing bar owner Diya "Patrick" Lumumba of carrying out the killing. He set the sentence at three years - meaning for time served - and a fine of 22,000 euros (about $29,000). Knox has been in prison since Nov. 6, 2007.
________

Justice served?

pollyannaish

I haven't been following this case closely...but from what I'm hearing this is a good thing. Is that correct?

I haven't been following this case closely...but from what I'm hearing this is a good thing. Is that correct?

Would depend on whether she committed the murder. I don't know whether she did or not. Ann Coulter seems to think so:

http://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2011/09/07/amanda_knox_the_new_mumia!/page/full/

Get out of there Amanda..ASAP!

Annie is a bit slipshod with her facts but, who knows, maybe time will tell.