Tea party calls on Obama to rebuke union chief

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news
Boston Globe:

WASHINGTON—A tea party group called on President Barack Obama to rebuke Teamsters President Jim Hoffa for urging him to use supporters at a Labor Day rally as an army to march and "take out" tea partyers, describing the remarks as "a call for violence."

Obama was not on stage at the Detroit rally when Hoffa made the remarks Monday. The White House declined to comment on the flap.

In addressing the crowd before Obama's appearance, Hoffa said there has been a war on workers. "And you see it everywhere, it is the tea party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war."

Hoffa added: "President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong."

In a statement, the chairwoman of the Tea Party Express, Amy Kremer, demanded an immediate apology from Hoffa and urged Obama to rebuke him for "his dangerous comments."

"Jimmy Hoffa's remarks are inexcusable and amount to a call for violence on peaceful tea party members, which include many Teamster members," Kremer said. "We have called on President Obama to condemn this inappropriate and uncivil rhetoric, which has no place in the public forum."
________

But whatever happened to the "New tone?"

righteousmomma
Instead of focusing on the economy as a top priority after taking office, corporate-funded conservatives attempted to gut the middle class."
:lmfao:

Bring it on!!

I wonder if Jay Carney will call in sick tomorrow? I am sure he wants to explain the WH's position on the 'war against the SOB's'.

I bet the question isn't asked. :angry:

I wonder if Jay Carney will call in sick tomorrow? I am sure he wants to explain the WH's position on the 'war against the SOB's'.

I bet the question isn't asked. :angry:

I stand corrected Hooray for Big Jake Tapper!!!

Right Scoop: Awesome: Tapper grills Carney on Hoffa’s comments

arney didn’t have much patience for answering questions about Hoffa’s Tea Party comments yesterday, but that didn’t stop Jake Tapper from pressing him on whether the President meant what he said about incivility earlier this year. As Carney tried to distance the president from those comments, Tapper then asked if he was setting a new standard for the 2012 campaign that candidates should only be held to account for what they say. Carney tried to dodge it but it was clear Tapper had him backed into a corner and Carney just wanted to move on.