Allen West: US congressman with his heart in the East

Valin

Article.aspx?id=235491
Jerusalem Post:

The 22-year US military veteran, freshman congressman, Tea Party darling and passionate Israel advocate talks to Herb Keinon.
HERB KEINON
08/26/2011

Allen West doesn’t move through the lobby of Jerusalem’s David Citadel like most of the other 20 or so freshmen congressmen in his delegation visiting Israel – anonymously, with no one really knowing the difference between them and the regular tourists.

No, West walks through the lobby almost like a rock star – not the world’s most famous rock star, but one that enough people have seen, and heard, to attract attention.

“Excuse me,” a seemingly star-struck woman in her late 20s-early 30s bursts out, interrupting the interview with West in a semi-isolated corner of the hotel. “I love you so much,” she gushes, “thank you for coming.” Then she bends down to give the Republican congressman from South Florida a hug around the neck.

(Snip)

Yes, West has proven himself to be a staunch ally of Israel. I wouldn't be to surprised if he doesn't end up being VP or POTUS in a few years. When he voted to raise the debt-ceiling a month ago is his only questionable vote IMO, but I don't think that's enough to kick him out of the Tea Party. I don't think he wanted to run for that Seanate seat because he wants to stay where he is for now.