‘She Will Run’

Geee

she-will-run-robert-costa
National Review:

Ames, Iowa — Political organizer Peter Singleton tells National Review Online that Sarah Palin will likely launch a presidential campaign by the end of September. “I believe that she will run,” he says. “I can’t see her sitting this election out.”

Palin, a former Alaska governor, is scheduled to address a tea-party rally on September 3 in south-central Iowa. Singleton is one of the forces behind the event, working with grassroots groups. “Labor Day will kick off the Republican campaign for the nomination,” he hints. “She is going to make a major, major speech.”

Since late last year, Singleton has crisscrossed the Hawkeye State, connecting a network of supporters at rubber-chicken dinners and Republican picnics. He has huddled with county GOP chairmen, spoken with a number of conservative state lawmakers, and assembled a close-knit team of pro-Palin activists.
All of Singleton’s efforts have been self-directed, with no official involvement from Palin’s political apparatus. Still, he says, “We have not been on a lark. But we are happy, delighted even, to have people think that.”

GOP presidential contenders, from Rick Perry to Mitt Romney, will be in for a shock when Palin makes her entry, he predicts. “When she gets in the race, I would not want to be the other candidates, who have shamelessly whispered to Iowa Republicans for months that she is not running,” he says. “There will probably be some defections.”

Singleton, a 57-year-old former software salesman, says he has already compiled an extensive e-mail list of Iowans ready to join her ranks. With the help of Michelle McCormick, his fellow Organize4Palin state coordinator, “we have laid the groundwork for her,” he says.

Singleton points to Palin’s June visit to Pella, Iowa, as an example of how she is ready to make a splash in the run-up to the first-in-the-nation caucuses. Palin spoke at the premiere of The Undefeated, a documentary about her gubernatorial record, then attended a barbeque with attendees in the sleepy Midwestern town. Singleton and McCormick helped the film’s creators reach out to Palin’s Iowa base, drawing a big and boisterous crowd to the downtown square.

Filmmaker Stephen Bannon, who directed The Undefeated, tells NRO that he is amazed at how popular Palin remains in Iowa. Her reception in Pella, he says, was indicative of how a campaign could be received. “There is something happening under the surface here,” he says. “It’s pretty powerful.” Since the premiere, Singleton and Bannon have organized screenings across the state, hoping to generate interest in the governor’s story and her message.snip

Karl Rove said on the Sunday Morning show on Fox that his opinion is, judging by the itinerary she has put our for the next few weeks, she is planning to run. WHY would she want to do this? :blink:

If Palin runs @ this point, it is about ego. She isn't going to win the nomination, but will ensure Romney does.

And if that happens, Trump will probably jump in, and ensure Obama wins reelection.

Talk about how to quickly commit eternal political suicide.

pollyannaish

I have to admit, if she does run I'm going to think a little less of her. I agree that it will make the whole election a lot dicier. Sigh. I honestly don't think she has the kind of support she thinks she has.

Surprise them again Sarah! Stay out of the race.

I have to admit, if she does run I'm going to think a little less of her. I agree that it will make the whole election a lot dicier. Sigh. I honestly don't think she has the kind of support she thinks she has.

Spot on.

Hope she doesn't.

She has yet to credibly explain why she quit her job as guv.

Until then.....

Hope she doesn't.

She has yet to credibly explain why she quit her job as guv.

Until then.....

Sounds like the concensus here that it is not a good idea, totally agree. Can handle the screeching, but never the quitting.

And if she jumps in and flames out, it will vindicate the leftists, the media, and the Kenyan's base.

Honestly don't think she is going to run.

If she was so inclined she wouldn't have dressed like trailer trash at the Iowa State Fair. C'mon, a v-neck tee-shirt on national TV? (Hannity)

Sarah is smart enough to realize what she does best, annoy the media and keep the RINOs skeered. And make $$$, good for her.

pollyannaish

Honestly don't think she is going to run.

If she was so inclined she wouldn't have dressed like trailer trash at the Iowa State Fair. C'mon, a v-neck tee-shirt on national TV? (Hannity)

Sarah is smart enough to realize what she does best, annoy the media and keep the RINOs skeered. And make $$$, good for her.

I think you're right. I am a HUGE supporter of Sarah EXACTLY in the role she is in. She represents us "regular folk" VERY well...all of us in our t-shirts and all.

But support for a presidential run....not so much.