White House denounces Perry as Republicans target Fed

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
usa-campaign-perry-idUSN1E77F10V20110816
Reuters:

WASHINGTON, Aug 16 (Reuters) - The White House denounced Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry on Tuesday for his threatening remarks toward the head of the U.S. Federal Reserve that represented some of the most inflammatory rhetoric of the 2012 election campaign.

Campaigning in Iowa on Monday, the Texas governor said he would consider it "treasonous" if Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke "prints more money between now and the election" in November 2012 -- a fresh sign of the political heat the central bank faces as it tries to right the stumbling U.S. economy.

"If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I don't know what y'all will do to him in Iowa, but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas," Perry said to laughter from supporters in Iowa.

"Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treacherous, treasonous in my opinion," he said.

The White House responded by saying it is important for the Fed to remain independent, and jabbed back at Perry, who on Saturday entered the race for the Republican nomination to face Democratic President Barack Obama. Perry is already considered one of the strongest candidates for the Republican nomination.

"I certainly think threatening the Fed chairman is not a good idea," White House spokesman Jay Carney said.

"When you are president or running for president, you have to think about your words," Carney said in Iowa, where Obama was on a campaign-style bus tour.
________

I wonder if Joe Biden will remember that next time...

Well, maybe they should've told that to Joe Biden when he called members of the Tea Party "terrorists". Their hypocrisy is unreal, but the WH and their MSM flunkies may be doing me a favor - the way they're bashing Rick Perry right out of the starting gate is telling . . . and Ed Scultz is already editing quotes to race-bait. Yeah, Perry's probably the one. Go Rick Perry!

Food & fuel are no longer tied to the factors that determine inflation. The administration says that inflation is less than 1%-2%, but if food & fuel price increases were tied in, as they were in the 1970's.....we would have close to 10% or higher actual inflation. This is a government accounting "trick" that allows them to cross their fingers & lie straight faced to the American public. Compounding that is government "buying our debt" or "monetizing" it, because few entities trust America, anymore, to pay back what it borrows. This is also called quantitative easing or QE. We have already had QE1 & QE2 under Bernanke & ilk......each time requires printing more money at Treasury & giving it to the Fed.....although more than likely they just create electronic 1's & 0's and place it into an account to buy our debt. Each time they have a QE....they devalue the US dollar. Food creators, distributors & merchandisers have been told to go along with the scam, because if they began increasing the costs as they rose with each QE, Americans would rebel. Have you noticed the "down-sizing" of packaging....and everything is "new & improved" so you think you're getting more for your money; but your money is not buying as much, in reality. Another QE3, as contemplated by Bernanke & Obama, would drive the dollar down to about 40% of it's value. Next stop....food riots.

Perry has said something that most people haven't heard, or don't want to hear. Good for him!

Oh....and a question: Why would Soros now be the largest owner of grain storage facilities in the United States?

How can you tell who the Democrats want to run against?

It's the one they claim to be most afraid of, but usually ignore otherwise.

How can you tell who the Democrats really are afraid of?

It is the one they say is a moron and fringe candidate, but at the same time they spend every possible moment in an attempt to destroy that candidate by fair means or foul, mostly foul.

Everyone media/political pendent is coming out of the woodwork saying Perry has to tone it down. I don't think so. A majority of this country is pissed, mad and wants a candidate who is too. Not that Perry is really pissed, but he and his team are very, very good at elections.

Please, rescue ME from the rescuers!!!

From Rico @ TheoSpark:

Rescue me from the rescuers!..........from Rico

Since Bernanke 'announced' QE2 policy in August 2010, this is exactly what has happened to prices. Remember, there IS no inflation!

In the real world, outside the ivory towers and cesspits of DC, this is what has happened to prices:

- Silver +115%

- Corn +71%

- Sugar +48%

- Gas +45%

- Coffee +38%

- Copper +23%

How can you tell who the Democrats want to run against?

It's the one they claim to be most afraid of, but usually ignore otherwise.

How can you tell who the Democrats really are afraid of?

It is the one they say is a moron and fringe candidate, but at the same time they spend every possible moment in an attempt to destroy that candidate by fair means or foul, mostly foul.

Someone has been listening to Rush....and that's a good thing.