Terrorism. Tea Party. Hobbits.

Valin

terrorism_tea_party_hobbits
Sgt. Mom Says So:

8/3/11

It seems that the conflation of the Tea Party with terrorism is a meme that is everywhere this week among our political leadership and certain media commentators -- some of whom at least I would hope -- ought to know better. Herewith, a guide for the perplexed.

(Snip)

I hope this information proves informative. And by the way? I have heard so much #*&! about the Tea Party which I know is not true, that I am not in the mood to discuss any of either past accusations, or the current terrorism meme. I am just not. Sgt. Mom's temper is very close to going nuclear WRT to this terrorism/Tea Party thing ... and trust me... you will not want to be the one to push me on this. Consider the wording of any comments made on this post very carefully. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

VERY Well said Sgt. Mom!!!
IF I may add my own comment..... :censored:... :censored:...and of course the ever popular :censored:

pollyannaish

Wow. The comments there are scary.

Disagreement...even ANGRY disagreement is not terrorism. To conflate the two is to willfully avoid coming to terms with what terrorism really is.

SrWoodchuck

Disagreement...even ANGRY disagreement is not terrorism. To conflate the two is to willfully avoid coming to terms with what terrorism really is.

@Salon.com......not surprising.

Leftist's are long on ego & smarmy "hopey-ness" and short on memory & common sense.

pollyannaish

Leftist's are long on ego & smarmy "hopey-ness" and short on memory & common sense.

Yup. I used to respect the left a lot more than I do now. Maybe it's because I'm becoming a cranky old person...but it seems like they don't even bother putting forth a good argument. They just yell. I hate that. No matter what side its coming from.

Yup. I used to respect the left a lot more than I do now. Maybe it's because I'm becoming a cranky old person...but it seems like they don't even bother putting forth a good argument. They just yell. I hate that. No matter what side its coming from.

Power Line: Civility and Tea Party Freedom Fighters

Steven Hayward

8/6/11

About five years back I happened to have an interaction with New York Times columnist Joe Nocera, at that time writing a weekend column for the Times business section. He struck me then (as he did most of the time in his journalism at the Texas Monthly and the Washington Monthly before that) as a truly independent and fair-minded journalist, and indeed his 2006 story that tangentially involved me was reported quite fairly and against the grain of the usual media narrative going on at the time.

So it came as a surprise and disappointment last week to see Nocera join the braying ranks of the Krugman-Dowd axis calling the Tea Party “terrorists.” Apparently Nocera had second thoughts, for he has issued an apology:

That anger reached its apex on Tuesday, when I wrote a column comparing the Tea Party Republicans to terrorists. The words I chose were intemperate and offensive to many, and I’ve been roundly criticized. I was a hypocrite, the critics said, for using such language when on other occasions I’ve called for a more civil politics. In the cool light of day, I agree with them. I apologize.

Good for Joe, especially since we’ll wait until you-know-where freezes over before Krugman or Dowd offers any kind of retraction for their intemperate language.

(Snip)

pollyannaish

Well. I guess tea partiers really DO threaten the left's way of life if it comes right down to it. And that would make us all enemies.

I like his "Freedom Fighter" approach. :lol:

An apology is only as good as what comes after. You're on notice!

And I also love the term "freedom fighter." How apropos.