PL Prize Countdown, #2: Don’t You See?

Valin

pl-prize-countdown-2-dont-you-see.php
Power Line:

John Hinderaker
7/29/11

We have been counting down the top finishers in the Power Line Prize competition, arriving now at number two, a song called “Don’t You See?” This song, written by Jason Nyberg and performed by his nine-year-old daughter, was actually my favorite of the more than 200 entries in the contest.

The Nybergs get a $15,000 prize for this song–on which, as the extremely catchy song notes, they’ll be paying some taxes.

Mr. Nyberg is a well-known musician who has conducted orchestras as far away as Prague, scored a number of films and written television commercials, as well as composing for events like the Miss America Pageant and the World Series. I think “Don’t You See?” is a terrific song, and the lyrics are simple but profound. I asked Mr. Nyberg about his song; he responded, in part:.....
(Snip)

For more Power Line Prize

saveliberty

Sorry, Valin! I did a search on Powerline and didn't find anything and didn't realize that I should have looked for PL!

saveliberty

More Songs About the Debt:

So far, we have posted the two highest-rated songs that were entered in the Power Line Prize contest. One of them, Don’t You See?, finished second. But we got a lot of good songs. I wouldn’t have thought it possible to write so many enjoyable songs about the national debt, but when we have time after wrapping up the contest on Monday, we will put together a virtual album of the eight or ten best, give it some cover art, and make it a free download somewhere.

Edited by saveliberty

Sorry, Valin! I did a search on Powerline and didn't find anything and didn't realize that I should have looked for PL!

I forgive you......But don't let it happen again! There could be consequences, serious and dire ones. :o

:P

saveliberty

I forgive you......But don't let it happen again! There could be consequences, serious and dire ones. :o

:P

:bag: Thank you, Valin!