Obama, Boehner present conflicting debt-crisis solutions to America

Geee

obama-boehner-present-conflicting-debt-crisis-solutions-to-america
Daily Caller:

President Barack Obama used his televised speech to the nation Monday night to paint a lurid picture of U.S. debt default if the GOP doesn’t raise the debt ceiling enough to continue the administration’s spending until after the president completes his 2012 campaign.

Obama did not threaten to veto a short-term measure, but presented an alarming vision of a default, urged a tax increase, and then called on Americans to press their legislators to pass a debt ceiling deal that would be large enough to cover spending until 2013.

That $2.4 trillion debt-plan has been developed by Democratic Senate Leader Harry Reid, and is large enough to pay for spending until 2013, but it does not include a tax increase.

“We can’t allow the American people to become collateral damage to Washington political warfare … I want you all to make your voice heard,” by reaching out to Congress, he said, without repeating his earlier demands for tax increases, his earlier objections to budget cuts, or his earlier opposition to a stopgap measure.

Moments later, House Speaker John Boehner pushed back hard, saying it is time “to end the spending binge in Washington.” Boehner briefly outlined his own two-step plan to raise the debt limit and set similar cuts, finishing by saying “we’re up to the task, and I hope President Obama will join us in that work.”snip

Geee!

The true genius that is Obama

Link to Transcript via Jay Carney, your White House Press Secretary

For Immediate Release July 25, 2011 Address by the President to the Nation East Room 9:01 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Good evening. Tonight, I want to talk about the debate we’ve been having in Washington over the national debt -- a debate that directly affects the lives of all Americans.

snip... to make matters worse, the recession meant that there was less money coming in, and it required us to spend even more ... snip

ObamaMORON.jpg

As a well known community organizer, I often found myself finding fewer people and government programs to fleece and my take home pay went down. What did I do? I simply spent and charged more. I have applied that simple philosophy to the White House and my country.

Barack's Better Business Tips, #666 of a hugh series.