Palin’s ‘Undefeated’ tanks, heads to Pay-Per-View

EveningStar

EveningStar

Yahoo:

Rachel Rose Hartman

July 25, 2011

"The Undefeated," the documentary about Sarah Palin, appears to have suffered box office defeat.

The film opened in 10 locations last week and upped its exposure to 14 cities this weekend. But Reuters today reports that even as the number of screening venues increased, box office revenue has declined ... snip

pollyannaish

No surprise at all. Did anyone expect this to be some kind of blockbuster?? I don't care how politically involved I am, I'm not going to go see a movie about a politician. Heck, I bet you could have made a movie about Obama at the height of his popularity, played it on a thousand screens against a Harry Potter movie and no one would go see it either.

Sorry, but it was a dumb idea to begin with. Should have been made for tv, or released on the internet.

Not many people are going to spend a lot of money to go to the theater and watch a documentary, regardless of the subject. Even "An Inconvenient Truth", which was pushed by the liberal media, didn't play well to the buying public, it was it's free use, as a propaganda tool, that got it it's widespread viewing.

EveningStar

Did anyone expect this to be some kind of blockbuster??

I don't know about blockbuster but many folks at you-know-where thought it would do well.

As you know, I'm not a Palin (™) fan. However, the movie was playing less than 7 miles from our home. Out of curiosity, my wife and I went to see it at an early Friday afternoon matinee. I picked that time because I figured that most of the would be viewers would be at work and the theater would be less crowded. This proved to be the case. The theater - one of the smaller ones at the AMC complex - was about 1/3 full. All things considered, that wasn't bad.

A cartoonist who is also a conservative and a Palin (™) fan took her liberal friend to the very same theater. I agree with their review. I gave it 6 out of 10 at IMDb.

According to Larry Schweikart, the wall-to-wall loud music is a common element of this film maker's movies.

‘Wash Times’: ‘Undefeated’ Packs Chicago Theatre, Wins Respect from Left

The Washington Times does an excellent job documenting the impact “The Undefeated” is having, even as much of the MSM chooses to ignore it and judge the film’s box office as though it were “Harry Potter.”

1. “The Undefeated” packs a Chicago theatre:

“Sarah Palin Movie Debuts to Empty Theater in OrangeCounty” was the headline at Atlantic.com. But as Christian Toto of the Washington Times has pointed out, this was based on the experience of a lone political blogger at a single midnight showing of the film, the story was picked up by politico.com and the Los Angeles Times. Not many political documentaries would clock well at the witching hour.

Other outlets have taken their potshots as well. Entertainment Weekly proclaimed, “Sarah Palin’s ‘The Undefeated’: We saw it so you don’t have to.” Huffington Post chimed in, “Box Office Bomb: Sarah Palin and the Failure of ‘The Undefeated.’”

But we aren’t talking Captain America or Harry Potter here. A conservative political documentary requires a different measure of success. And this indie underdog film has been scoring unexpected successes – and fans – in decidedly liberal places.

After a five-city expansion, the film made its Chicago debut Saturday to a packed house at the GeneSiskelFilmCenter. Yes, I said, “Chicago.”snip

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/hollywoodland/2011/07/26/wash-times-undefeated-packs-chicago-theatre-wins-respect-from-left/