Dayton Caves?

Valin

dayton-caves.php
Power Line:

John Hinderaker
7/14/11

Here in Minnesota, Governor Mark Dayton has agreed to the Republican legislature’s June 30 proposal to resolve the state’s budget impasse and end the partial government shutdown, with several conditions added. The most important of these conditions appears to be the Republicans’ agreement to a $500 million bonding bill “to put people back to work throughout Minnesota.” I don’t have a handle on the numbers, but I assume that any number of capital projects (road construction, etc.) are in the pipeline and that a $500 million bonding bill will not be an insuperable obstacle.

As I read *Governor Dayton’s letter to the Republican leadership in the legislature, the most notable fact is that Dayton has given up on imposing tax increases as a condition of ending his shutdown of state government. Why did Dayton agree to end his shutdown now? This is pure speculation, but my guess is that he is looking at poll data that are not supportive of his position.

(Snip)

* Governor Dayton’s letter to the Republican leadership

shout Valin, what was the general public's reaction to the whole thing? Were they for or against Dayton?

Actually it was hard to tell the government was shut down, most people I've talked to pretty much ignored the whole thing...that is until yesterday when it was announced that Miller/Coors had to pull all their products off the shelves..then it got noticed.