The Black Code: Why Obama Still Owns The Black Vote

Geee

the_black_code_why_obama_still_owns_the_black_vote.html
American Thinker:

Despite an unprecedented 39% of Americans believing our country is in permanent decline and Obama's approval rating down in the 40's, Obama still owns the black vote.

I watched a television program reporting the impact electing a black president has had on black America. Black America responded with tearful celebration. Black children chanted his name, "O-ba-ma! O-ba-ma!" Clearly, Obama was black America's and the liberal mainstream media's ultimate American Idol.

The TV program showed Obama's image adorning t-shirts, tattoos, and everything in between. Winning 96% of the black vote, Obama was truly black America's impossible dream come true.

Black America's passionate adulation for Obama was so intense I expected them to sing Hosanna in worship of their messiah. I felt like a little kid timidly raising his hand from the back of a classroom.

"E-E-Excuse me. Has anyone even considered who Obama is as a person and what he will do as president?"

According to the TV program, Obama is great for America solely because he is African-American. The program producer's neglect of mentioning Obama's agenda leaves me to conclude that they thought it irrelevant.

I questioned. Why are my thought processes so different from most of my fellow black Americans'? Why did I choose to look a bit deeper into the content of Obama's character rather than my critique of the man stopping at his skin color?snip

righteousmomma

So many spot on - and for Marcus personally- potentially dangerous thoughts. In the first place Marcus echoes those of us "Christians" who, like Dr. MLK said he dreamed would be done, judge a person by his character and not the color of his skin.

Almost weekly I will hear a local black call in to local talk radio and say:

#1 :We "whites" do not and are not capable of understanding what it means to have an "African-American" as President. We never had great grandparents who were "slaves". (Well, neither did Obama)

and #2: We "white" people just do not like Obama. We hate him. Nothing to do with his policies because they are irrelevant or "good" just because he says so.

and #3 We white Republicans are the enemy because we "lie".

I am a Christian. My loyalty to righteousness and truth trumps intimidation and any deep-seated loyalty to skin color.

Edited by righteousmomma
Forgot to add Lloyd Marcus quote

What he calls "The Black Code" makes me feel as though this country will never come together. Blacks are segregating themselves. It makes me so sad.

Sadly, blacks are still stuck on the plantation.

They were sent back there by Lyndon Johnson and remain there under their current slave masters, the Democrat Party.

They are so blind they cannot see it.

My question still stands....Why?

It has been ingrained into the Dem voters that R's are for the rich and Dems are for the little guy. And the D's reinforce that meme at every chance they have. Obama does it almost every time he speaks. And the commercials showing R's throwing grandma off a clift.

It has been ingrained into the Dem voters that R's are for the rich and Dems are for the little guy. And the D's reinforce that meme at every chance they have. Obama does it almost every time he speaks. And the commercials showing R's throwing grandma off a clift.

If you pay very careful attention you'll notice I'm not disagreeing with you.

righteousmomma

Well, you should not disagree. We here in the South are used to being typecast and denigrated.

We women are used to being portrayed as "barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen."

Well, you should not disagree. We here in the South are used to being typecast and denigrated.

We women are used to being portrayed as "barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen."

The question I referred too was one I asked during the last Presidential election cycle...What has Barack Obama ever done that that leads you to believe he will be a good President? All I ever got back was A. a blank stare or B. a rant against George Bush. He really is an empty suit. I mean at least Jimmy Carter & Bill Clinton had done something before they ran for President.

I work with a black guy who supports Obama only because he is black. He cannot explain why he actually supports Obama so the only reason left is because Obama is (1/4) black.

The funny thing is, if you can get him to discuss politics without turning to a specific person, about 75% of his positions are the opposite of Obama, but he still thinks he deserves another term.

I work with a black guy who supports Obama only because he is black. He cannot explain why he actually supports Obama so the only reason left is because Obama is (1/4) black.

I am of the opinion that many people of good will voted for him, for this very reason. In the hope that by electing him we could finally put the idea of America is a racist nation behind us and move on. Alas time has shown this to be a false hope.

The funny thing is, if you can get him to discuss politics without turning to a specific person, about 75% of his positions are the opposite of Obama, but he still thinks he deserves another term.

Have you asked him (given "75% of his positions are the opposite of Obama") why he thinks "The One" should be reelected? I'm afraid I know the answer :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGe9UqQGtjo