Our Prickly President

Geee

our-prickly-president
American Spectator:

Has the Anointed One disrobed before our very eyes?

The presidency of Barack Hussein Obama might very well have begun its sharp and steep descent towards its nadir last week with his ill-advised press conference which alienated his normally erstwhile allies in the liberal media.

No member of the fourth estate was more perturbed with President Obama's unpleasant disposition than Mark Halperin of Time magazine. While appearing on MSNBC's Morning Joe, Halperin referred to Obama as "kind of a dick." Halperin's apology to Obama a short time later was insufficient for MSNBC, who indefinitely suspended him from running afoul of their Emperor. To put it into perspective, Ed Schultz was only banished for a week last May for referring to Laura Ingraham as "a right-wing slut." At MSNBC, clearly some offenses are more equal than others.
Nevertheless, one could certainly take Halperin to task for being rude and impolitic. After all, his remark forced him to absorb the white heat of scrutiny which would have otherwise been directed towards President Obama. I suppose Halperin could have said that he was merely likening Obama to Richard Nixon. But alas that would have been tricky.

Perhaps Halperin ought to have given the matter another seven seconds worth of thought. Had Halperin done so, he could have just as easily found another word to describe the president's performance that would have conveyed his displeasure without facing the consequence of disciplinary action by the overlords at MSNBC. Halperin would have been better served had he described President Obama as, well, prickly.
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines prickly in part as being "easily irritated." Whether he's impugning the motives of a Republican adversary from the Midwest or staring coldly at a stalwart ally from the Mideast, it doesn't take much to arouse President Obama into an agitated state. Just ask Brad Watson, anchor and reporter from WFAA-TV in Dallas/Fort Worth. Last April, Watson was granted an opportunity to interview President Obama at the White House. When Watson had the temerity to correct Obama about his margin of defeat to John McCain in Texas, Obama told Watson to let him finish his answers in the future. Unless Watson agrees to bow before him, I don't think Watson will be granted an audience with President Obama again. Perhaps it's just as well because somehow I suspect that Brad Watson is no Brian Williams.snip

our-prickly-president
American Spectator:

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines prickly in part as being "easily irritated

Easily irritated... prickly... or more in line with Halperin, just a prick.

I'll go with the latter.

Obama-the-blue-boy-3.jpg

The last sentence: "I would rather have a prickly Obama outside the Oval Office than in it." Amen, and amen.

The last sentence: "I would rather have a prickly Obama outside the Oval Office than in it." Amen, and amen.

Ditto for me!