Gross media ignorance about the Founders

Valin

gross-media-ignorance-about-founders
Washington Examiner:

Walter Williams
7/4/11

There's little that's intelligent or informed about Time magazine editor Richard Stengel's article *"One Document, Under Siege" (June 23, 2011). It contains many grossly ignorant statements about our Constitution.

If I believed in conspiracies, I'd say Stengel's article is part of a leftist agenda to undermine respect for the founding values of our nation.

Stengel says: "The framers were not gods and were not infallible. Yes, they gave us, and the world, a blueprint for the protection of democratic freedoms -- freedom of speech, assembly, religion -- but they also gave us the idea that a black person was three-fifths of a human being, that women were not allowed to vote and that South Dakota should have the same number of senators as California, which is kind of crazy. And I'm not even going to mention the Electoral College."

(Snip)

* I do hold out some hope dumb Dick Stengel's article provokes people to actually read up on what the Constitution says and what the Framers actually thought about it.