Dr. Boyce: No Independence Day For Black People

EveningStar

EveningStar

News One for Black America:

Here's another loser looking for handouts from those evil white people.

Dr. Boyce Watkins

July 3, 2011

When I think about the fourth of July, my mind is motionless. I don’t get happy, sad, angry or thoughtful. As a 40-year old man, I can’t even get excited about the fireworks anymore. The holiday means as much to me as the birthday of my biological father who abandoned me at birth. In fact, I don’t even know what day he was born. snip

I think a keyword is "4th of July." People won't say "Independence Day," which is the real celebration. Like in this article, and hey, go hover over Google's homepage. It's about fireworks and hot dogs. The left hate this country, and take it as a point of pride to disparage her, dishonor her, and ignore her history.

Dear Dr. Watkins

How shall I put this....?

READ SOME FRIGGIN HISTORY before you go around making a fool of yourself.

Regards

Valin

Dr. Boyce Watkins is a Professor at Syracuse University and founder of the Your Black World Coalition.

Why does this not surprise me? Leave us hope this is not an example of the quality of his work.

righteousmomma

Its the same mentality that I have heard on talk radio shows lately. The self-proclaimed "African-American" will harp over and over about how meaningful it is to have a black president because he is black and they like his world view and perspective.We just do not understand and we hate him-- the man.(Policies have nothing to do with it) we whites just cannot understand or relate to their angst and the persecuted downtrodden history today of their GRANDPARENTS and on back.