Rep. McCotter to announce presidential bid

Geee

rep-mccotter-to-announce-presidential-bid
Daily Caller:

Michigan Republican Thaddeus McCotter will announce the launch of his presidential campaign July 2.

USA Today reported late Thursday that the five term congressman, soon to be the third sitting House member to announce in 2012, will launch his campaign from his home state of Michigan Saturday.

The lawyer and skilled guitar player told TheDC’s Alex Pappas in mid-June that his would not be a vanity campaign but one with a singular goal, victory.

“If I run, I would be in to win,” he said.

With McCotter being a frequent guest on Fox News’ popular 3 a.m. show Red Eye, host Greg Gutfeld was one of the first commentators to float the idea of a McCotter presidency, back in April.snip

thaddeus-mccotter.jpg

A life-long resident of southeast Michigan, U.S. Representative Thaddeus McCotter was first elected to Congress in 2002 to represent the citizens of Western Oakland and Western Wayne Counties.

Congressman McCotter has focused his efforts on preserving and promoting manufacturing and small businesses, because he knows they form the back bone of our community's economy. He has steadfastly supported winning the War for Freedom and increasing our homeland security; tirelessly fought to reduce taxes and the size and scope of government; and, most importantly, Congressman McCotter has dedicated every effort to listen to and serve his constituents.

Congressman McCotter was elected by his colleagues in November 2006 to serve as Chairman of the Republican House Policy Committee, a leadership position once held by Vice President Dick Cheney, which he chaired through 2010. Currently, Congressman McCotter is a member of the House Financial Services Committee.

Congressman McCotter is a graduate of Catholic Central High School; the University of Detroit; and the University of Detroit Law School. He is a bar admitted attorney by profession. Thaddeus and Rita McCotter, a registered nurse, have three young children, George, Timothy, and Emilia. The McCotter family lives in his home town of Livonia. Congressman McCotter travels to and from our nation's capital every week to serve our community.

He has a great sense of humor, but presidential I think not. At least not yet. And I don't think there has ever been a successful primary candidate from the House. I do like him though. A real straight shooter.

From the National Journal: 8 Things You Should Know About Thaddeus McCotter

H/T Allahpundit at Hot Air, who writes "Note numbers six and seven."

I guess if the district is heavy union, one has to acquiesce to them sometimes. I would guess, and it would be a guess, that his vote did not effect the outcome of any bill he may have voted against.

Personally I was impressed with #5, the Happy act.