Strauss-Kahn Case Seen as in Jeopardy

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
strauss-kahn-case-seen-as-in-jeopardy.html?_r=1&hp
NY Times:

The sexual assault case against Dominique Strauss-Kahn is on the verge of collapse as investigators have uncovered major holes in the credibility of the housekeeper who charged that he attacked her in his Manhattan hotel suite in May, according to two well-placed law enforcement officials.

Although forensic tests found unambiguous evidence of a sexual encounter between Mr. Strauss-Kahn, a French politician, and the woman, prosecutors do not believe much of what the accuser has told them about the circumstances or about herself.

Since her initial allegation on May 14, the accuser has repeatedly lied, one of the law enforcement officials said.

Senior prosecutors met with lawyers for Mr. Strauss-Kahn on Thursday and provided details about their findings, and the parties are discussing whether to dismiss the felony charges. Among the discoveries, one of the officials said, are issues involving the asylum application of the 32-year-old housekeeper, who is Guinean, and possible links to criminal activities, including drug dealing and money laundering.

Prosecutors and defense lawyers will return to State Supreme Court in Manhattan on Friday morning, when Justice Michael J. Obus is expected to consider easing the extraordinary bail conditions that he imposed on Mr. Strauss-Kahn in the days after he was charged.
________

If true...wow.

I thought this case smelled from the beginning. She just didn't have the look any respectable Frenchman would be interested in.

In another article about this, it said that the dealer deposited over $100k into her bank account. Don't remember if it said why he did it, or I forgot why. :)

I found it in the Guardian (UK):

The sexual nature of the encounter between the French politician and the maid has never been questioned by either side. But the New York Times report now suggests that police and prosecuting lawyers have concluded that the 32-year-old Guinean immigrant has lied repeatedly about the case.

The newspaper says that police tape recorded a telephone conversation between the woman and a man in prison made on the day of the alleged rape in which the woman talked about the possible financial benefits that could come to her as a result of pursuing charges against Strauss-Kahn. The investigation has also found deposits made into her bank account totalling $100,000 over the last two years some of which came from the man, a convicted drug dealer.

Link

I wonder who else was giving her money and why? A maid getting $100k over two years? Hmmmmmm.

He has been released on his own recognizants. He can now just go back to France and retire, I guess.