Durbin: Maybe Illegal Alien Will Become President Someday

Geee

durbin-maybe-illegal-alien-will-become-p
CNSnews:

(CNSNews.com) - Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (Ill.) said in a congressional hearing Tuesday that a young person who is an illegal alien in the United States today may someday become president.

“When I look around this room, I see America's future, our doctors, our teachers, our nurses, our engineers, our scientists, our soldiers, our congressmen, our senators, and maybe our president,” Durbin said immediately after having asked all young persons in the room to stand if they were currently undocumented aliens who would be eligible to become citizens if the DREAM Act were passed.

As a videotape of the hearing shows, a large portion of the audience in the room rose at Durbin's request. Durbin also said in his introductory remarks that there were "hundreds" of young people in the room eligible to become beneficiaries of the DREAM Act.snip

Illegal Aliens Out of the Shadows, Welcomed at Senate Hearing

It’s not unusual for politicians on Capitol Hill to recognize citizens during hearings on legislation that would have a positive or negative impact on their lives.

But that tactic took a different turn this week when hundreds of illegal immigrants filled the largest hearing room in the Senate to openly participate in the proceedings.

And they did so without threat of arrest from the nation’s chief immigration law enforcement official who was sitting in the front row: Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

Many of the illegal immigrants were recognized by name by Sen. Dick Durbin (D. –Ill.) who led the panel, and commended by Obama administration officials who want to give them legal status under sweeping legislation called the DREAM Act.

The DREAM Act would give permanent legal status to illegal immigrants, up to age 35, who arrived in the United States before age 16, provided they complete two years of college or serve two years in the military.

“The young people who would be eligible for the DREAM Act call themselves dreamers,” Durbin said. “Over the years, I have met hundreds of these dreamers, and hundreds of them are here today,” Durbin continued.snip

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44558

Everyone knows, that if an illegal alien does become president one day, they will be a Democrat.

After those Democrats pass a constitutional amendment-I do hope that a sitting Senator knows that :unsure:

Everyone knows, that if an illegal alien does become president one day, they will be a Democrat.

After those Democrats pass a constitutional amendment-I do hope that a sitting Senator knows that :unsure:

Excellent point.

+3

righteousmomma

Oh, they know it! But remember they are the party of the "living constitution" = a fluid changing with the times and culture document where the whims of societal evolution are considered necessary for a correct interpretation.

Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (Ill.) said in a congressional hearing Tuesday that a young person who is an illegal alien in the United States today may someday become president.

Should I be having this shooting pain in my frontal lobe?