A Question of Ethics: A Common Lie in a Common Cause

Geee

a-question-of-ethics-a-common
American Spectator:

"If Justice Thomas does not recuse himself and the Court rules [against Obamacare], I will be making the point that this is not a credible decision."
-- Ex- Congressman Anthony Weiner in February of this year.

Riddle me this, Batman.
What do talk radio, a think tank, a Tea party supporter, the U.S. Supreme Court and a pair of billionaire brothers from Kansas have in common?

It's Obamacare, stupid.

To borrow from the Zen of James Carville (who summed up the sound and fury of the looming 1992 presidential campaign in one pithy and eventually famous phrase: "it's the economy, stupid"), there is a reason these five distinctly separate sets of people or institutions have recently and mysteriously come under a series of brutal attacks on their integrity.

And what do the attackers have in common?

That's right. A tie to funding from George Soros. And a false claim of "non-partisanship." Which is to say, a lie.

Which, in a way they surely did not intend, makes their very existence a very considerable question of ethics.
So, let's start with the basics with which all are familiar.

• March 24, 2007: Illinois Senator Barack Obama, campaigning for president at forum sponsored by SEIU (Service Employees Union International) says: "My commitment is to make sure that we've got universal health care for all Americans by the end of my first term as president." The pledge -- along with others of a similar nature -- is captured on videotape here.

• March 23, 2010: President Obama signs the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare") into law. The signing comes after a massively controversial fight, and legal efforts to repeal it arise almost immediately.

• November 2, 2010: Liberals lose control of the House of Representatives, plus several Senate seats and governorships, as the GOP sweeps the off-year elections in a campaign focused on repealing Obamacare.

So. The table is set.snip