Reagan

righteousmomma

righteousmomma
01125107.member.html
Rush Limbaugh:

RUSH:... I don't know everything Huntsman said -- I don't have a transcript; I don't have it in front of me -- but my guess is he did not say one thing critical of Obama's record, based on the sound bites we do have him saying. I could be wrong about that. But if he did say something about Obama's record, I'm sure it wasn't as hard-hitting is Reagan is talking. (Recue, by the way, Reagan to the top here.) I mean, folks, this is passion. This is 1980. This is Reagan, and back in 1980 a lot of people thought we were in the same place then that we are now. There was a big difference: Jimmy Carter was thought to be just an incompetent boob. Today, motivations are of a different opinion.

People are really, really worried about the objective of Obama. Carter was just bumbling through it all. But you listen to this and you're going to hear a Reagan that doesn't exist in these consultants' minds, a Reagan that they don't want you to think ever existed. This is just so powerful, it is so passionate -- and it's how you do it. Reagan was campaigning against somebody he thought was a disaster for the country and said so! Here we go.

REAGAN: The Carter record is a litany of despair, of broken promises, of sacred trusts abandoned and forgotten. His answer to all this misery? He tries to tell us that we're only in a recession, not a depression, as if definitions -- words -- relieve our suffering. Let it show on the record that when the American people cried out for economic help, Jimmy Carter took refuge behind a dictionary. Well, if it's a definition he wants, I'll give him one: A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his!

SUPPORTERS: (cheers and applause)

RUSH: Right on, right on. Here's Reagan now blaming Carter, bluntly, questioning his motivation.

REAGAN: I have talked with unemployed workers all across this country. I've heard their views on what Jimmy Carter has done to them and their families. Let Mr. Carter go to their homes, look their children in the eyes, and argue with them that it's only a recession that put Dad or Mom out of work. Let him go to the unemployment lines and lecture those workers who have been betrayed on what is the proper definition for their widespread economic misery. Human tragedy, human misery, the crushing of the human spirit. They do it need defining; they need action.

SUPPORTERS: (applause)

REAGAN: Call this human tragedy whatever you want. Whatever it is, it's Jimmy Carter's. He caused it, he tolerates it, and he's going to have to answer to the American people for it.

RUSH: Yeah, but we can't do that anymore. See, we gotta be civil. Reagan was being uncivil here, you know. Oh, yeah! According to current standards, as espoused by brilliant Republican leaders, that's incivility. What you just heard is incivility. Why, he was too mean! He attacked Jimmy Carter personally! That's no way to win. We can't do that. The independents are gonna run away from us in droves if that happens and he only won 44 states. I also know this; I also know that Reagan never served in Jimmy Carter's regime or administration. Jon Huntsman did serve in Obama's; he was ambassador to the ChiComs. All right, we have one more sound bite here from the great Ronaldus Magnus.

REAGAN: I'm looking forward to meeting Mr. Carter in debate, confronting him with the whole sorry record of his administration -- the record he prefers not to mention. If he ever finally agrees to the kind of first debate the American people want, which I'm beginning to doubt, he'll answer to them and to me.

SUPPORTERS: (applause)

REAGAN: This country needs a new administration with a renewed dedication to the dream of America --

RUSH: Right on.

REAGAN: -- an administration that will give that dream new life and make America great again.

RUSH: Right on! Right on, right on, right on. I checked the transcript here, and Mr. Huntsman did not mention Obama's name once in his announcement today saying he was seeking the presidency of the United States. He did not mention Obama's name once. The closest he came was when he said, "and I respect the president of the United States."