Obama-Style Honor

Geee

obama-style-honor
Front Page Magazine:

As the Bush Administration vacated the White House, Democrats cheered. Barack Hussein Obama, they said, would bring honor and dignity back to the White House, restoring it to the sacred ground it was before being defiled by corrupt oil buddies.

Here’s how the Obama Administration is bringing dignity back to the White House this week: by raffling off a dinner in order to raise money. For just $5, you can buy a chance to win a “casual” dinner with the president of the United States. “We rely on everyday Americans giving whatever they can afford – and I want to spend time with a few of you,” said Obama’s email to supporters. “So if you make a donation today, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to be one of the four supporters to sit down with me for dinner. Please donate $5 or more today.”
It has nothing to do with the money, really, Obama insists. “This won’t be a formal affair,” the email continued. “It’s the kind of casual meal among friends that I don’t get to have as often as I’d like anymore, so I hope you’ll consider joining me.”

Leave aside the fact that Obama is only interested in having dinner with the common man if the common man shells out his cash to pay, making Obama the equivalent of the rich guy in the Ferrari who wants to split the check with his date. Leave aside the fact that Obama’s “friends” will surely be picked to ensure racial diversity and level of obsequiousness. Leave aside the fact that Obama is turning the “people’s house” into the “donors’ house.” The real question: doesn’t it devalue the presidency when you are raffling off access in order to raise money for re-election?

Of course, this isn’t the first time Obama’s supporters have used gauche tactics to raise money for The Man. They’ve handed out t-shirts with Obama’s birth certificate for donations of $25, reinforcing the odd notion that anyone opposed to Obama must inherently be a “birther.” Controversially, Democratic-affiliated groups tried to fundraise using the Gabby Giffords shooting.snip