Canada Post Forced to Shut Down Urban Operations Nationwide

NCJim

canada-post-forced-to-shut-down-urban-operations-nationwide
Canada Postes:

Following 12 days of increasingly costly rotating strikes by the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW), Canada Post has suspended operations across the country.

The accelerating decline in mail volumes and revenue combined with the inability to deliver mail on a timely and safe basis has left Canada Post with no choice but to make this decision.

snip

NCJim!

I will miss the day we will not have rural post offices. Spare me the arguments of UPS and Fedex, they are not the same. Rural post offices are part of America's fabric, and under Obama's regime and thug actions, that fabric is being torn to shreds. Note, I am not arguing for government subsidies. Get rid of union heads, contracts, shut a couple of dozen large urban post offices and you can keep hundreds if not thousands of rural post offices open.

NCJim!

I will miss the day we will not have rural post offices. Spare me the arguments of UPS and Fedex, they are not the same. Rural post offices are part of America's fabric, and under Obama's regime and thug actions, that fabric is being torn to shreds. Note, I am not arguing for government subsidies. Get rid of union heads, contracts, shut a couple of dozen large urban post offices and you can keep hundreds if not thousands of rural post offices open.

Get rid of union heads, contracts, shut a couple of dozen large urban post offices and you can keep hundreds if not thousands of rural post offices open.

except that the USPS is doing just the opposite..they are closing smaller rural offices and combining them with the larger ones..

You said it better - that was my point, shoutNCJim. That is not service. Building more temples to governmental-union blends in cities where no one really wants to live.