Rep. Anthony Weiner stepping down

Rheo

rep-anthony-weiner-stepping-down
Yahoo News:

Rep. Anthony Weiner has informed friends that he's stepping down from Congress, the New York Times first reported Thursday morning. The AP has confirmed the departure.

Multiple news outlets report that Weiner will publicly announce his decision at a press conference Thursday. NBC reported just before the news broke that Weiner's staff appeared to be packing up the congressman's office this morning. NBC's Alex Moe reports that two staff members and two interns left the office with their belongings, turned off the lights and locked the door.
snip

righteousmomma

Doncha know the poor thing needs help. Its a mental problem that he has no control over. He needs mental rehab. He is a victim of having to be a scrawny little New York kid with a moniker like Weiner. Bet he was bullied and that warped him.

He just wants to be liked.

Hot Dog!

DEMs across the country are tooting their Oscar Mayer Wiener Whistles in relief that they can get Anthony off the TVs, radios and the front pages of every newspaper.

Get your Wiener Whistles and play along with them folks!

"Oh I'm glad I'm not an Anthony Weiner...

That is what I'd truly hate to be.

Cause if I were an Anthony Weiner..

Everyone would be making fun of me!"

I am sad for all the comedians-since they will not make jokes about the current occupant this cuts down on their material again!

Good. Finally. Two weeks plus was enough, fine by me if I never hear that name again, but I'm sure I will. The damage he did to his party and himself . . . good riddance.

Yep, I'm waiting for him to start the news conference--and especially to see if Huma shows up. Already 10 minutes late.

pollyannaish

Good. Finally. Two weeks plus was enough, fine by me if I never hear that name again, but I'm sure I will. The damage he did to his party and himself . . . good riddance.

And most importantly...our country. This kind of thing is NOT good for our culture, our future and our reputation.

saveliberty

Washington Examiner

Politics

Pop goes the Weiner: Congressman resigns

By: Susan Ferrechio 06/16/11 3:10 PM

Chief Congressional Correspondent Follow us @Examinerpolitic

snip

4d171e6c7431530df00e6a70670034c6.jpg

U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner announces his resignation from Congress, in the Brooklyn borough of New York, Thursday, June 16, 2011. Weiner resigned from Congress, saying he cannot continue in office amid the intense controversy surrounding sexually explicit messages he sent online to several women. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

Rep. Anthony Weiner resigned Thursday afternoon, marking one of the fastest and most dramatic downfalls of a rising politician in recent memory.

The New York Democrat, 46, told a crowd at a senior center in his New York City district that he is resigning his seat to end the distraction caused by the revelation just a few weeks ago that he had been sending lewd photos and emails to women he met over Twitter.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/06/pop-goes-weiner-congressman-resigns#ixzz1PT7KPdtO

Use his "talents" in other ways...

LOL..he already admitted he has none, this is the only job he could do and has never had a real job in his life.

WestVirginiaRebel
story?id=13855468
ABC News:

Democrat Anthony Weiner resigned today as U.S. representative from the 9th District of New York, saying the decision would benefit his party, constituents and wife Huma Abedin.

"I'm announcing my resignation from Congress so my colleagues can get back to work, my neighbors can choose a new representative and, most importantly, that my wife and I can continue to heal from the damage I have caused," Weiner said at a news conference made raucous by loud yells from hecklers.

"I had hoped to be able to continue the work that the citizens of my district elected me to do," he said. "Unfortunately, the distraction that I have created has made that impossible."

Weiner, 46, made the announcement at a senior center in Brooklyn, New York, where he first launched his political career nearly two decades ago. He said that despite his indiscretions, he would continue to pursue the spirit of public service that first led him to run for office.

"I'll be looking for other ways to contribute my talents to make sure that we live up to that most New York and American of ideals," he said just before concluding his remarks.

He did not take reporters' questions. His wife was not present.
________

One of those hecklers was Benjy from the Howard Stern Show.

Whatta ya wanna bet he lands on his feet just like Eliot Spitzer?

Or he lands on something else. :lol:

Toll booth guy for his next job would be good. He could take change, twitter all day and still not visible from the booth from the waist down.