Report: Nearly 80% of Obama’s Top Bundlers Given “Key Administration Posts”

NCTexan

dollar-sign.jpgABC News:

Report: Nearly 80% of Obama’s Top Bundlers Given “Key Administration Posts”

President Obama launched his campaign in 2007 promising a change in the way business is done in Washington, DC, but today a report from the Center for Public Integrity says that when it comes to major campaign donors scoring plum administration positions, it’s business as usual.

The report says that 184 out of 556, or about one third of 2008 Obama campaign “bundlers” -- donors who agree to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for a campaign – “or their spouses joined the administration in some role. But the percentages are much higher for the big-dollar bundlers. Nearly 80 percent of those who collected more than $500,000 for Obama took ‘key administration posts,’ as defined by the White House.snip

The Center points out that candidate Obama suggested that big moneyed interests would not have as prominent a role in DC during his administration.

"The cynics, the lobbyists, the special interests who've turned our government into a game only they can afford to play,” said then-Sen Obama in his February 2007 announcement speech. “They get the access while you get to write a letter…The time for that kind of politics is over."

The White House today pushed back on the Center report, saying it’s “hardly a story” and insisting that donations play no role in these plum jobs.

Thanks Geee! I hadn't caught up on all the postings and was shocked that ABC had it as a story.

Today was kinda "work busy" and I'm running behind on the news.

Just thought we would put the two together cause they both have something that the other didn't ;) I was surprised that either one of them covered the story. I have been surprised to post some Politico stories lately because I haven't in a while. They were so good when they first started and then the last year have seemed to stray to the left. The last couple of weeks they have had some decent stories and of course Jake Tapper has always been an exception to the rule of the rest of ABC.