Obama: My family approves of a one-term presidency

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
obama-my-family-approves-of-a-one-term-presidency
Yahoo News:

Though the president himself, his staff, and his supporters around the country are busy devoting everything they've got to his 2012 re-election campaign, Obama revealed Monday that his family isn't necessarily as "invested."

"Michelle and the kids are wonderful in that if I said, 'You know, guys, I want to do something different,' they'd be fine. They're not invested in daddy being president or my husband being president. But they do believe in what we're doing," Obama told NBC "Today Show" host Ann Curry in an interview that aired Tuesday.

And the president revealed that even he sometimes feels like giving up.

You can watch the interview above.

"I'm sure there are days where I say that one term is enough," the president said, but he added that what keeps him going is the unfinished work regarding energy, education, and other issues.

In the end, Obama said, if his family is happy, he's happy.

"If the family is doing well, if Michelle is still putting up with me, then I've got enough energy to keep on doing the work that I'm doing."
________

What a coincidence-I also approve of a one-term presidency for Obama.

pollyannaish

This has to be one of the most insecure things I've ever seen a President utter. It's like someone who announces that he won't be hurt if his girlfriend eventually dumps him because he doesn't care...thus causing it to happen.

I can't say I'm sad, but it is not a great way to win an election. No one wants a "whatever" president.