Obama: I'd Quit If I Were Weiner

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
obama-id-quit-if-were-weiner
Fox News:

President Obama, in a TV interview Monday, fell short of calling for disgraced Rep. Anthony Weiner to resign after the married congressman admitted to inappropriate communications with several women he met online -- but Obama said he would quit if he were in the same situation.

"I can tell you that if it was me, I would resign," Obama said in an interview with NBC.

Weiner, a New York Democrat, has faced a barrage of calls to resign from lawmakers on Capitol Hill, including from within his own party, and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi has asked for an ethics committee investigation.

Weiner has refused so far to step down, though he was granted a paid two-week leave of absence Monday while seeking professional help. A source told Fox News that Weiner is waiting until his wife -- Huma Abedin, an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- returns from her trip to Africa with Clinton before making a decision.

Obama questioned whether Weiner can still do his job with the scandal hanging over his head.

"When you get to the point where, because of various personal distractions, you can't serve as effectively as you need to, at the time when people are worrying about jobs, and their mortgages, and paying the bills -- then you should probably step back,'' Obama said in the interview, to air Tuesday on the "Today Show."
________

Ouch...

pollyannaish

If I were Obama I would quickly but gracefully tender my resignation as well.

Oh shoot. I was on my way to say the same thing. But you resigned him first! :angry: