Woman Pushing to Ban Circumcision in California City Drops Proposal

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?test=latestnews
Fox News:

The proponent of a ballot measure to ban circumcision in a California city has dropped the effort following claims of anti-Semitic themes and imagery, including a comic book that featured a "Monster Mohel."

Jena Troutman, the Santa Monica woman who submitted the proposal to the Santa Monica city clerk last month, said she has withdrawn the measure to prohibit "Genital Cutting of Male Minors." Under the measure, which needed more than 6,000 signatures to go on the November 2012 ballot, circumcising a child under the age of 18 would have been a misdemeanor offense punishable by a $1,000 fine or a year in jail.

Troutman, a lactation consultant and mother of two, told FoxNews.com that her focus was "never about religion" when she submitted the initiative, which was written by a San Diego-based group called MGMbill.org, the same organization that authored the measure to ban circumcision that will appear on the ballot in San Francisco this November.

"I don't have the time or the energy to argue with everybody, but you shouldn't go around cutting up your little babies," Troutman said. "Why don't people [expletive] get that? For me, this was never about religion. It was about protecting babies from their parents not knowing that circumcision was started in America to end masturbation."

Santa Monica Mayor Richard Bloom confirmed the news on his Facebook page late Monday.
________

The woman is a kook. Th-th-th that's all, folks! :wacko:

Did you see the "comic" book supporting this measure? It's beyond spooky.

You think that the "comic" book is creepy... get a load of the "ForeskinMan" teeshirts and mugs advertised on their site. :unsure:

Shopping Link

BTW, the tee shirts come in adult and children's sizes.

SrWoodChuck! Clearvision! NCTexan! Sanguine!

"Troutman, a lactation consultant "

(If Obama would only work on creating more important jobs like lactation consultant instead of concentrating on the building, housing, manufacturing, high technology, aerospace industries that have been occupying so much of his time.)sarcasm

Pepper!

They used to simply call them "Milk Maids"... back in the day.

Misbehaving-Milk-Maid.jpg

SrWoodchuck

Does the position of "lactation consultant" require a specific education......or real world experience?

I mean.....I remember saying,"Honey, the baby's hungry again..." at 3:30AM.....would that count?

BTW: Is there any truth to the rumor that Huma Weiner wants a "re-bris" done on hubby "Teeny-Tony" because she thinks there wasn't enough removed the first time?

Pepper!

They used to simply call them "Milk Maids"... back in the day.

snip

She needs some help. I will offer to carry her milk jug....

"Does the position of "lactation consultant" require a specific education......or real world experience? " -- SrWoodChuck!

Only in liberal minds can those positions exist.