Blagojevich: He Didn't Want Cash for Senate Seat

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
blagojevich-resume-testifying-3rd-day
Fox News:

CHICAGO – Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich told jurors Tuesday he wasn't interested in taking campaign donations in exchange for President Barack Obama's vacated U.S. Senate seat.

In his third day on the stand at his corruption retrial, the ousted governor began addressing the most explosive allegation against him — that he tried to sell or trade Obama's Senate seat.

Blagojevich said supporters of U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson had promised to do "accelerated fundraising" for him if he appointed Jackson.

But Blagojevich said such a deal didn't appeal to him and sounded improper. He said he had no intention of appointing Jackson with or without the offer of money.

He rattled off a list of candidates he was considering before Obama's election as president in November 2008, and Jackson wasn't on the list, which included Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and several African-American politicians.

"I obviously had a hard time making this decision, but there was a method to the madness," Blagojevich told jurors. "I honestly believe I was on the right track, then everything changed."

Blagojevich eventually appointed former Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris, who is black.
________

I guess it wasn't "Golden" anymore...