Ethanol Strategery

Geee

ethanol-strategery
American Spectator:

It's a tale of two candidates, at this point the two frontrunners in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, each trying to create contrast not only with President Obama but also with the other. With each passing day, the contrast is becoming clearer -- and in a way that could help Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty overcome former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney's early lead in the Republican horserace.
It started several weeks ago with Romney's "no apologies" approach to Romneycare, a Massachusetts version of Obamacare no matter how hard Mitt Romney tries to frame it differently. Even if it were substantially different, neither the "mainstream" media nor President Obama would let the electorate know it with Obama repeatedly thanking Romney for clearing a path for the president's signature "achievement."

This is in stark contrast to Pawlenty's repudiation of his own prior position on cap-and-trade. Pawlenty has said he made a mistake and has apologized -- which he should -- for having ever supported that policy: "I've said I was wrong. It was a mistake, and I'm sorry. You're going to have a few clunkers in your record, and we all do, and that's one of mine. I just admit it. I don't try to duck it, bob it, weave it, try to explain it away. I'm just telling you, I made a mistake."

Round one to Pawlenty, according to this judge.

Now comes round two, each man's opening statements in Iowa.snip