Candidate News Thread - Rick Santorum

Geee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi6JL8JlLKM

I eagerly await NRO, Ann Coulter, Karl Rove, Hugh Hewitt,....etc...etc..ect. to take Romney to task over this...So far chirp chirp chirp.

Santorum: Romney’s Super PAC lying about me too

I hope Governor Romney will have his PAC take down an ad that’s running against me in South Carolina saying that I want felons to be able to vote. That’s an absolute lie, ” Santorum said in an interview with “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace. “Romney should be saying to his PAC, take that ad down, it’s false.

Click On Link For Video

This is the kind of ad that has really turned me off to Romney. :angry:

The Right Scoop: Santorum: Abolishing EPA isn’t the answer

(Click On Link For Video)

Rick Santorum was asked if he could talk more about abolishing federal departments and returning those powers to the states. His answer was a bit different than other presidential candidates, suggesting that just abolishing a federal department with an executive order isn’t the answer because there are laws that must be enforced and will end up being the responsibility of someone to enforce:

The question is what do the laws say, what should they be saying, whether we need them or whether we don’t need them, and then what kind of administrators and people we have in these departments. … So what do we have to do? Abolishing a department doesn’t help anything. Changing the laws does. Eliminating laws do. … We have to go through all of these laws and look at the enormous flexibility that these laws give regulators to basically make new laws.

applause.gif

Santorum and the Pro-Choice Woman

Casting light on the abortion debate

Kathryn Jean Lopez

(Snip)

Not for the first time, Santorum admitted that at age 30, “when I decided to run for the Congress, I was sort of an agnostic on the abortion issue.” He “hadn’t really thought about abortion as an issue that much. . . . It wasn’t an issue that I really cared much about. But when I thought about running for office I knew . . . this is an issue people are going to care about.”

Santorum is well known for not being the sort of candidate who answers questions with sound bites — instead, he has been likened to a professor or social-studies teacher by journalists who started paying attention to him after his strong Iowa-caucus showing — and this was no exception.The former senator patiently described sitting down with the woman’s pediatrician, his future father-in-law, before he ran for Congress. Dr. Garver, he said, “walked me through . . . the process,” from “the standpoint of a scientist,” of “how human life begins, and at the moment of conception there is a unique individual, someone with a unique DNA who is alive.”

(Snip)

“People can disagree,” he continued. Then he moved on to the problem with treating persons differently, and with declaring that, at a certain developmental stage, a person “has less rights than everybody else.” If you look at that, or brain activity, or dependency, he suggested, and use such things as indicators of someone’s personhood, you open a dehumanizing door. “I just see a fact and I see a constitutional provision, and I can’t see why we should differentiate.”

(Snip)

FYI Also posted at CGP

We'll see if there are any responses and what they are.

Santorum Says He Will Remain in Race Through Florida<<per NYT's.

"CHAPIN, S.C. — Rick Santorum said he would be pleased with a third-place finish in South Carolina Saturday but vowed to stay in the presidential race through the Florida primary no matter what.

"In a brief visit during a driving rainstorm to a small fire station serving as a polling place here, the former Pennsylvania senator said that he believed he was going to outperform recent state polls and that he can beat Ron Paul for third place in the South Carolina primary.

“Most of the polls have us down in the fourth-place area,” Mr. Santorum said. “We were hoping that we’d finish third, and maybe even a good third would be a good number for us.”

(Source)

Santorum Says He Will Remain in Race Through Florida<<per NYT's.

"CHAPIN, S.C. — Rick Santorum said he would be pleased with a third-place finish in South Carolina Saturday but vowed to stay in the presidential race through the Florida primary no matter what.

No reason he shouldn't even if he finishes 4th. Fla presents a problem for him and Newt, one word money. It's an expensive state to campaign in. So if you like either one them send money.

I've contributed to both campaigns.

Money for Santorum

Erick Erickson

Sunday, January 22nd at 1:20AM EST

I can confirm tonight from multiple sources that phone calls are in fact occurring between Republicans in Washington and among evangelical leaders to raise money for Rick Santorum rapidly.

The sources tell me that this is not for a Santorum win, though the evangelicals I spoke to continue to hope it is possible. This is to stop Newt Gingrich. One evangelical leader I spoke to said, “If Newt wins, we won’t be able to make family values an issue in the general.”.....

(Snip)

Florida is going to get interesting.