WH Hires "Negative Story" Squasher

Geee

wh_hires_negative_story_squasher
TownHall:

Welcome to the latest use of taxpayer dollars to shove Obama propaganda down your throat, on your dime. The White House has moved a staffer from the White House New Media Department into a position of "rapid media response," with a goal of squashing, or cleaning up negative stories about President Obama on the internet.

The Obama administration has created and staffed a new position tucked inside their communications shop for helping coordinate rapid response to unfavorable stories and fostering and improving relations with the progressive online community.

"This week, Jesse Lee will move from the new media department into a role in the communications department as Director of Progressive Media & Online Response," read an internal memo from Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer, provided to The Huffington Post. "For the last two years, Jesse has often worn two hats working in new media and serving as the White House's liaison with the progressive media and online community. Starting this week, Jesse will take on the second role full time working on outreach, strategy and response."snip

pollyannaish

Huh. Can't complain too much. Isn't this the kind of thing that many conservatives were howling at Bush to do? I think this is just a part of the brave new world we live in.

Scary as this kind of thing is, I have started to believe that the vast majority of folks that go around commenting on newspaper/news source sites are big jerks. People can just be unbelievably harsh for no reason, and make in appopropriate and stupid comments that are not related to the topic at hand.

I was reading comments on a tornado story yesterday, and the comments section basically devolved into a fight over a "Prayers for people in Joplin" comment. One group said prayers did nothing, send money. One group said the two were not mutually exclusive. Another group went off religiously trying to prove prayer worked. Another group was venemous towards Christians and scoffing at them. That created another arguement about Islam v. Christianity. It was just dumb. Especially since the first person was basically just saying "Oh man, this is awful. Best wishes and support for all the people in the community."

I mean really. Has it come to this?

I mean really. Has it come to this?

The world is a scary, unsettled place right now, and I think people tend to lash out at anyone or anything that makes them feel more unsettled.

SrWoodchuck

Comment on this taxpayer funded clown, from Uncle Jimbo at BlackFive:

Dear Jesse,

I think we will be getting to know each other quite well as your boss is such a complete Cakeboy that I barely have time to catalogue his pitiful, politically-driven, narcissitic behavior. But I do my best. I actually live just across the river from you in lovely Alexandria VA, so if you want to grab a cup of coffee we can discuss the Sisyphean task you have taken on. You can catch up with my previous work detailing the many faults, weaknesses and spineless leading from the rear of the Ditherer in Chief here.

The first thing to get out of the way is the idea that people need to lie about Barry. Quite frankly his record stands sadly for itself. I only point out his own lies, deceptions, flip flops and panders. Oh and they are legion, trust me. Dude, you are going to wish you had an easy job, like spokesperson for Blackwater or Ombudsman for the NY Times. Anyhow, welcome to the game and don't think for a second you get to be the Terminator, more like Arnold, the ugly maid-screwing loser. Call me, let's chat.

SrWoodchuck

........and two of the comments at BlackFive, regarding the post above:

streeter said...

Exactly, this guys job isn't to catch people lying about Barry, it's to lie about people telling the truth about Barry.

May 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Aw1tim.wordpress.com said...

Jeebus. Between TOTUS & Gaffe Master Biden, no one really has to make up anything. They write their own material, and we just repeat it.

I mean, the office of the president is like a clown car of material. Don't see what you want? Just wait a day or two and a new position or "clarification" will be forthcoming.

Seriously. Is there a single campaign promise that Barry has kept?

These guys don't scare me either. I know how to play Byzantine court, and it's a lot more satisfying than the simple thugishness of those folks from Chicago.

May 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM