Jesus is Coming, This Time in October

Sabre86

wireStory?id=13667335
ABC News:

California preacher Harold Camping said Monday his prophecy that the world would end was off by five months because Judgment Day actually will come on Oct. 21.

Camping, who predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to heaven Saturday before the Earth was destroyed, said he felt so terrible when his doomsday prediction did not come true that he left home and took refuge in a motel with his wife. His independent ministry, Family Radio International, spent millions — some of it from donations made by followers — on more than 5,000 billboards and 20 RVs plastered with the Judgment Day message.

But Camping said that he's now realized the apocalypse will come five months after May 21, the original date he predicted. He had earlier said Oct. 21 was when the globe would be consumed by a fireball.

pollyannaish

This drives me nuts because good people can be discouraged and lost because of this charlatin.

I believe Jesus will return as he said he would. I have no idea when that will be...in my lifetime or not.

But this is what I DO know by faith. My turn here on earth can be over at any moment. The important thing is that I am ready to see him RIGHT NOW no matter what. Beyond that, it's best to go with the flow and not make promises that are not ours to make.

An interesting observation:

DLoesch Dana Loesch(Twitter)

Anyone else see any difference between Harold Camping and Al Gore? Neither do I.

The MSM really has struck gold with Campbell, haven't they? It gives them a golden opportunity to discredit Rapture believers, thereby discrediting all Christians. They're not just mocking Campbell and his followers. Mission accomplished.

pollyannaish

The MSM really has struck gold with Campbell, haven't they? It gives them a golden opportunity to discredit Rapture believers, thereby discrediting all Christians. They're not just mocking Campbell and his followers. Mission accomplished.

Exactly. I think it is a good example of how the MSM (and the left) seem to see groups of people as monolithic.

ie: All Christians believe the same, all Muslims believe the same, all black people believe the same, all women believe the same...etc. How they view those groups is entirely based on "for or against." No middle.

For the left, there seems to be little grey in how they perceive people. Which is really ironic considering that is exactly what the accuse the right of all the time.