Minnesota paper puts Pawlenty presidential bid on obits page.

SrWoodchuck

SrWoodchuck
162709-minnesota-paper-puts-pawlenty-presidential-bid-on-obits-page
http://thehill.com/:

By Daniel Strauss - 05/23/11 03:34 PM ET

A local Minnesota newspaper placed its report on former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty ® formally jumping into the 2012 presidential race right next to the obituaries.
snip
Another local Minnesota paper, City Pages, began an item on the St. Paul Pioneer Press's placement of the Pawlenty story by saying, "Tim Pawlenty's presidential campaign is Dead on Arrival."

Here's the page:

pawlentyobitfull-thumb-525x818.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, that Minnesota humor.........

From the Comments:

I'm sure the editors had a good laugh at that one! ZING! HAHA…what's that? Our circulation numbers are through the floor and our parent company just posted another quarterly loss? What's that you say? They are downsizing the newspaper operations? How will my family eat? Well lib dummy, maybe you should've thought of that in a market economy where people are free to vote with their feet at your childish games.

BY Derrick Lough on 05/23/2011 at 16:58

What's the Pioneer Press' circulation? And how does it compare to what it was 10 years ago? My guess is they probably ought to be a little conservative about writing anybody else's obits.

BY MacAoidh on 05/23/2011 at 19:04

SrWoodchuck

Not in anyway surprising

Pioneer Press is like Human Events when compared to the Star Tribune...or as we call it the Red Star Tribune.

SrWoodchuck

Valin, here its the Denver Pravda.

They have a progressive special features writer [Mike Littwin] that I call Mike Nitwit. Up until a few months ago, his column used his college pic, when he had a kinky mullet.

SrWoodchuck

SrWoodchuck shout

Fixed your title for you.....YEAH ME!!!! :D

Thanks, Valin! It was the rush to post, before anybody else posted it.