Obama looks forward to rediscovering his Irish roots on European tour

Geee

obama-irish-roots-european-tour
UK Guardian:

The White House has predicted a lively debate about the president's origins on the opening day of next week's trip to Europe. But it is sure to be a lot friendlier than the recent "birther" row.

Barack Obama's tour of Ireland, the UK, France and Poland kicks off on Monday in Dublin but he then heads quickly for the County Offaly town of Moneygall, from where his mother's family hail. A White House spokesman, Ben Rhodes, said Obama was looking forward to seeing his roots. "It is a homecoming of sorts," he said.

Rhodes added that the person researching Obama's family history was able to trace his mother's side back to Moneygall. "I believe we can confirm it is his great-great-great grandfather," Rhodes said.

That relative, Falmouth Kearney, is in the parish records and is understood to have left for America in 1850. His great-great granddaughter Ann Dunham married Obama's father. Rhodes said there could be people in Moneygall who share those blood ties. "I expect it to be a robust topic of discussion when the president stops off," he said.

The town has been spruced up for the occasion, with fresh paint and flower-boxes. American special security agents have been checking out the inhabitants.

The president is expected to stop for a drink in the pub and a new Obama cafe is also scheduled to open.snip

Nero is fiddling again.

I wonder how many rounds of golf he'll get in while trying to con waivering RAT voters that he's distantly related to the Kennedys... :rolleyes: