Jesus is Coming, Everyone Look Busy!

Sabre86

www.therightreasons.net
Self:

History has been full of these people, hundreds of thousands if not millions have been led astray by false prophets who claimed the end was near. Some woke up and saw through the fraud, others ruined their lives in preparation for that which never came, and others committed suicide when it did not happen.

So, I can't let the latest charlatan and his claims pass without creating a thread. Let's all have some fun before doomsday is upon us.

The world should start coming to an end in less than an hour, starting in the Pacific and moving toward the U.S. hour by hour. I guess God follows DST too.

And the obligatory music video.

One good thing though, if the world does come to an end, Obama will find out he is not the Messiah.

And no, I do not believe what the loony is selling. As the Bible tells us, "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

It's now 6:10 PM, May 21st on Christmas Island (Kiritimati). The Island is still there, no major earthquakes have been reported in the Pacific, and no one seems to be missing.

However, my house is vibrating from the constant thunder, but that's a good thing. Thank God for the rain.

One more hour and it will officially be a fraud since Camping decided that God would ignore the small islands and strike New Zealand first.

A lot of lives have been fouled up and ruined by this old fart.

People quit their jobs, spent their life savings, and some even ruined their families over this.

It's been more than 30 minutes since it was supposed to start in New Zealand, and not a thing has occurred.

World, apparently, not ending today | The doomsday man

OAKLAND, California (AP) — Some shut themselves inside to pray for mercy as they waited for the world's end.

Others met for tearful last lunches with their children, and prepared to leave behind homes and pets as they were swept up to heaven.

And across the globe, followers of a California preacher's long-publicized message that Judgment Day would arrive Saturday turned to the Bible, the book they believe predicts Earth's destruction on May 21.

The doomsday message has been sent far and wide via broadcasts and web sites by Harold Camping, an 89-year-old retired civil engineer who has built a multi-million-dollar nonprofit ministry based on his apocalyptic prediction.snip

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-bc-us--apocalypsesaturday,0,3277175.story

I take it that it's safe for me to drive to the store to pick up beer for the weekend?

BTW: the Red Sox jumped a game over the Yankees in the AL East, so if the world does end today, Red Sox Nation can at least say we finished ahead of the Damn Yankees! B)

pollyannaish

I feel so very bad for the people who will now have to rebuild their lives. I hope they will not lose their actual faith as a result of it all.

SrWoodchuck

It's always good to examine our lives in respect to the doomsday prophets, but, if you conduct your life in a way that precludes eternal damnation [maybe just some slightly caliente purgatory]........what difference does it make when the "rapture" comes? You won't care about mortgages, car payments or beer for the weekend. [i might care about that one]

I take it that it's safe for me to drive to the store to pick up beer for the weekend?

BTW: the Red Sox jumped a game over the Yankees in the AL East, so if the world does end today, Red Sox Nation can at least say we finished ahead of the Damn Yankees! B)

Well it is a well known fact that the Yankees are the spawn of Satan.

I feel so very bad for the people who will now have to rebuild their lives. I hope they will not lose their actual faith as a result of it all.

People just can't be this stupid..

and if they are, what can you possibly do for them?

Yep, but they made the age old mistake. They put their faith in a man, not in God.

Always bet on stupidity.

Always bet on stupidity.

That's true...we have 53% of the American population that went "all in" for stupidity...and there's a real danger they'll do it again.