Recount: Prosser wins election

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
recount-prosser-wins-re-election
fox11online.com:

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A grueling statewide recount concluded Friday that Justice David Prosser defeated challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg to win another 10-year term on the Wisconsin Supreme Court in a race driven by the debate over Republican Gov. Scott Walker's efforts to curb the union rights of the state's public employees.

The recount that began on April 27 ended Friday afternoon after Waukesha County officials finished tallying their last remaining precincts. Unofficial results showed Prosser had 752,697 votes - 7,006 more than Kloppenburg's 745,691.

State election officials plan to meet on Monday to verify the results. Kloppenburg will then have five days to challenge the results in court.

Kloppenburg issued a statement Friday before the final results were released saying her campaign would review recount records and decide whether to appeal. The statement said the campaign had uncovered "numerous anomalies and irregularities," but did not elaborate.

Prosser spokesman Brian Nemoir issued a statement saying Waukesha County took the extra time to ensure the recount process was transparent and accurate.

"The time has come to move on, confident in both or electoral system and Justice Prosser's re-election," he said.
________

fat_lady_sings.jpg

SrWoodchuck

I'm restraining my joy over this event.

Prosser is the winner, but there's no telling what that crazy wench can be bribed to do. One day she'll hopefully realize what she is, and Kloppenburg her pantaloons. Until then this is just an expensive exercise in bad politics, and remains a pile o' Kloppenburg.

Prosser is the winner, but there's no telling what that crazy wench can be bribed to do. One day she'll hopefully realize what she is, and Kloppenburg her pantaloons. Until then this is just an expensive exercise in bad politics, and remains a pile o' Kloppenburg.

The more stupid things she does, the better for Republicans.

shoutSrwoodchuck! Sabre 86!

The unions will drag this all the way to the US Supreme Court, ala Florida in 2000, IMHO. :rolleyes: