Will Ferrell Isn't Funny Either

Geee

will-ferrell-isnt-funny-either
American Spectator:

Last year, when the Kennedy Center named Tina Fey the 2010 recipient of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, I was compelled to offer my opinion that Fey is not funny and that the only reason she was being honored was because of her imitation of Sarah Palin. Humor, of course, is in the eye of the beholder. So some people liked what I had to say about Fey's brand of "comedy" while others vigorously made their objections known.
Well, last week the Kennedy Center named Will Ferrell the 2011 recipient of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. I am now compelled to offer my opinion that Ferrell is not funny and that the only reason he is being honored is because of his imitation of George W. Bush. Once again operating with the understanding that humor is in the eye of the beholder, some people will like what I have to say about Ferrell's brand of "comedy" while others will vigorously make their objections known.

The year before Fey was awarded the Twain prize, the Kennedy Center bestowed it upon Bill Cosby, a true pioneer of American humor. Here is how I described the Kennedy Center honoring Cosby and Fey in consecutive years:

The idea of honoring Tina Fey the year after Bill Cosby is kind of like the Baseball Hall of Fame enshrining "Marvelous" Marv Throneberry the year after inducting Mickey Mantle. The Mick and Marvelous Marv were both baseball players but the similarities end there. Cosby and Fey are both comedians but there too the similarities end.

Well, honoring Fey and Ferrell in consecutive years is more of a lateral move. If going from Cosby to Fey is like going from The Mick to Marvelous Marv then going from Fey to Ferrell is like going from Marvelous Marv to Choo Choo Coleman. Indeed, much of the Saturday Night Live cast from the mid-1990s onward could be likened to the 1962 New York Mets.snip

righteousmomma

HEAR! HEAR!

Could not agree more. I like some of Farrell's movie acting but he long ago lost the likeability factor with me because of his politics and downright nastiness about W.