Newt shoots himself in the foot.

Valin

161315-morning-read
The Hill:

Daniel Strauss - 05/16/11 05:03 AM ET

](Snip)
Gingrich was for Ryan’s budget before he was against it
Over at Time's Swampland blog, Jay Newton-Small, in light of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) calling House Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan's (R-Wis.) budget plan "too big a jump", notes that Gingrich had previously said he would support the plan.(Snip)

The bad Newt is back.
:angry:

:wallbash:

Does anybody truly think Newt will win the nomination? Dana Perino was on F&F earlier and said it will probably come down to Pawlenty and Daniels(if he decides to run), which is what I predicted last year. Romney shot his own foot by not backing completely away from Romneycare and I don't think Palin or Bachmann will run. Cain and Paul will liven up the debates, but probably won't get anywhere, leaving the Midwestern governors to duke it out.

Sunday's Disqualifiers

Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich removed themselves from any serious consideration yesterday.

http://spectator.org/archives/2011/05/16/sundays-disqualifiers

Brutal op-ed, especially for Newt. I knew he'd stepped in it, but not how deep. You have to wonder if he'd been smoking something before he went on the air... :blink:

I was listening to Bill Bennett's show this morning, and the callers were...not happy, including people who said they were Newt supporters.

If I may paraphrase Desi Arnez...Newt you got some splain to do.

It's not so much that he has problems with the Ryan plan, it's the way he said it.

Newt-Gingrich-1.jpg

Bad Newt..BAD Newt!

If I'm Pawlenty or Daniels' campaign advisor, I'd keep them on a limited Sunday talk show schedule.