Obama Demeans Himself on Immigration

Geee

obama_demeans_himself_on_immig.html
American Thinker:

The mendacity of Barack Obama continues to know no bounds. He has now embarked on a campaign to sow the seeds of distrust and animosity within the Latino community on the issue of illegal immigration. With his "the ends justify the means" mentality he has no hesitation to play the race card and to utter the most inflammatory rhetoric at every opportunity in order to win re-election.

The matter of illegal immigration, and more importantly the current regime's unwillingness to secure the southern border, is among the defining issues of the day. It encompasses not only the legality of unfettered immigration and its impact on a devastated economy, but rampant crime and national security. Yet this President treats it as if it was simply a topic to exploit for his personal ends.

For a President of the United States to behave in this manner is crass and reprehensible, as he has no intention on working with others to solve this issue in a fair and equitable manner. Illegal immigration is first and foremost a violation of the law and cannot be rewarded. I say this as an undocumented alien who eventually became a citizen by going through a long and winding process.

More specifically, I arrived in America as a "displaced person" from World War II. I did not speak English and had no name. I did not have a passport, a birth certificate, or papers of any sort as neither I nor anyone else had any knowledge of what country I was born in or when ( except to guess sometime in the latter years of the War), and certainly not to whom.

After numerous misadventures I was eventually put on a ship bound for the United States. On the seventh day, as dawn broke, I stood, alone, at the railing and watched the image of the Statue of Liberty slowly emerge from the mist, framed majestically by the skyline of New York in the distance, the peaks of its skyscrapers reflecting the morning sun.snip