Bin Laden's Diary Reveals New Targets, Determination to Strike U.S. Again

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
bin-ladens-hand-written-journal-seized-raid
Fox News:

In Usama bin Laden's private journal, he kept pressing his followers to find new ways to hit the U.S., including striking smaller cities, targeting trains and planes and killing as many Americans as possible in a single attack.

The handwritten journal is now in the hands of U.S. officials after the raid on his Pakistani compound last week, Fox News confirmed Wednesday.

The journal contained operational ideas and "aspirational" plots, a U.S. official told Fox News.

"Not surprising he kept a handwritten notebook of his ideas, targets, how do we execute them," the official said.

The journal was part of the largest intelligence collection ever, including 100 flash drives and five computers taken by U.S. Navy SEALs after they swept through the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

The evidence so far shows that bin Laden never left the compound after he arriving there in 2005. He made only periodic visits to the yard.

"He was like a prisoner at the compound," the official said.

Though he was out of the public eye and Al Qaeda seemed to be weakening, bin Laden never yielded control of his worldwide organization, U.S. officials said. Documents show his hand at work in every recent major Al Qaeda threat, including plots in Europe last year that had travelers and embassies on high alert, two officials said.

The information shatters the government's conventional thinking about bin Laden, who had been regarded for years as mostly an inspirational figurehead whose years in hiding made him too marginalized to maintain operational control of the organization he founded.

Instead, bin Laden was communicating from his walled compound in Pakistan with Al Qaeda's offshoots, including the Yemen branch that has emerged as the leading threat to the United States, the documents indicate. Though there is no evidence yet that he was directly behind the attempted Christmas Day 2009 bombing of a Detroit-bound airliner or the nearly successful attack on cargo planes heading for Chicago and Philadelphia, it's now clear that they bear some of bin Laden's hallmarks.

Don't limit attacks to New York City, he said in his writings. Consider other areas such as Los Angeles or smaller cities. Spread out the targets.

In one particularly macabre bit of mathematics, bin Laden's writings show him musing over just how many Americans he must kill to force the U.S. to withdraw from the Arab world. He concludes that small attacks had not been enough. He tells his disciples that only a body count of thousands, something on the scale of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, would shift U.S. policy.

He also schemed about ways to sow political dissent in Washington and play political figures against one another, officials said.
________

Bin Laden's last entry: "Wives complaining again about not being able to get out more. Ordered out for pizza. Hold on, someone's at the door. That must be them. I'll be back in a minute..."

shoutNickydog. Chattering chipmunks on the Kirby couch are falling in line with others. It is embarrassing to misspeak Obama for Osama.

Evad!

Good idea. No one really knows. Was it Barrak. Baraq. Barry. Soetero. Obama. Ubama. What's the difference?

clearvision

You say Barack I say Baraq.

You say Obama I say Ubama.

Barack. Baraq. Obama. Ubama.

Let's call the whole thing off.

Evad!

Good idea. No one really knows. Was it Barrak. Baraq. Barry. Soetero. Obama. Ubama.

What's the difference?

No difference.

Whatever you call him, he's the same Marxist Muslim that is determined to take this country down.

A clear and present danger to the security and freedom of this nation.

You say Barack I say Baraq.

You say Obama I say Ubama.

Barack. Baraq. Obama. Ubama.

Let's call the whole thing off.

Barry!

Barry, Barry bo Barry, Bonana fanna fo Farry

Fee fy mo Marry, Barry!

Come on everybody!

I say now let's play a game

I betcha I can make a rhyme out of anybody's name

The first letter of the name, I treat it like it wasn't there

But a B or an F or an M will appear

And then I say bo add a B then I say the name and Bonana fanna and a fo

And then I say the name again with an F very plain

and a fee fy and a mo

And then I say the name again with an M this time

and there isn't any name that I can't rhyme

SrWoodchuck

NCT!

When I play that game, using 'Barry' Obama........only an FU appears!

Am I doing it wrong?

Is it my conservative block?

Edited to add: See......this is what I keep getting....."FUBARRY"....and if that isn't a word....it should be!

Edited by SrWoodchuck

NCT!

When I play that game, using 'Barry' Obama........only an FU appears!

Am I doing it wrong?

Is it my conservative block?

Edited to add: See......this is what I keep getting....."FUBARRY"....and if that isn't a word....it should be!

Izzat like a McDonalds wild FUBARRY smoothie?

If they make it out of FUBARB?

Heh..we need a whole line of FUBO products with associated usages.

FUBARB could be the central ingredient for a whole line of special leftist health products, guaranteed to turn you into a .....

SrWoodchuck

If they make it out of FUBARB?

Heh..we need a whole line of FUBO products with associated usages.

FUBARB could be the central ingredient for a whole line of special leftist health products, guaranteed to turn you into a .....

shoutEvad!

New steel spines for Gramnesty & McRino........a conservative patriot product REBARB !

Guaranteed to get rid of that pesky BHO!