Piracy Rules Britannia

Geee

piracy-rules-britannia
American Spectator:

For several years now I have been trying to work out what has gone out of kilter in Britain. And I have to admit I don't get it all. If it is something political, it is not like anything taught in any political science course I know of.

There are innumerable instances of this peculiar dysfunction (death wish?) such as councils sending juvenile delinquents on Caribbean holidays while brave Gurkha ex-soldiers are allowed to starve to death on barren Nepalese hilltops, but the British attitude to piracy seems a good example of what is happening.

It is certainly true that a lot of other countries are not much better, or even worse, but in this matter Britain seems a particularly egregious example of impotence and paralysis, given its proud history as principal guardian of the freedom of the seas.

Civilized countries have fought pirates at sea, with no messing about, for as far back as history can be traced. Julius Caesar was captured by pirates as a young man. While waiting to be ransomed he became quite friendly with his captors and joked that after his release he would return and crucify them all. Or at least the pirates, who did not know Caesar well, thought he was joking…snip

Which ever of Satan's minions thought up political correctness, as a way to create further pandemonium on planet earth, must have been elevated to a position of second in command for the success of the idea. Good grief! How stupid are we and how long can this go on?

Which ever of Satan's minions thought up political correctness, as a way to create further pandemonium on planet earth, must have been elevated to a position of second in command for the success of the idea. Good grief! How stupid are we and how long can this go on?

What we call political correctness has manifested itself throughout the 20th century anywhere a faction with power attempts to control speech by controlling the vocabulary. It happened in the USSR and Nazi Germany, and is still happening in China, Vietnam, North Korea, Venezuela and Cuba. When the ideological purity of the phrasing of a statement is more important than the actual message to be conveyed, Political Correctness, in its many forms, has been instituted.

PC speech will be with us until we divest ourselves of our cult of Victimhood, not one second sooner.