Nation's largest union asks members to back Obama’s reelection

Geee

159687-teachers-union-asks-members-to-support-obamas-reelection
The Hill:

The National Education Association (NEA) has asked its members to support President Obama’s bid for a second term in the White House.

The move by the NEA — the country's largest union, with more than 3 million members — shows that labor, a traditional ally of Democrats, is gearing up for the 2012 election.

Labor support will be critical for Obama and for several Senate Democrats who are expected to face tough reelection campaigns.
NEA’s political action committee approved a recommendation Thursday to support Obama's reelection bid. The union’s representative assembly will meet in Chicago in July to vote on the PAC’s recommendation.

“NEA support in elections is powerful; our members are reliable and consistent voters. One in a hundred Americans is an NEA member, and our members live in every congressional district in the nation,” Dennis Van Roekel, NEA’s president, said in a statement. “We take this responsibility seriously and felt it was important to make the recommendation sooner, rather than later.”snip

AceRimmer

Nice that they wait until they know who the Republican candidate is.

Actually, we don't know who the GOP candidate is yet, but if the NEA is endorsing him 18 months from election day tells me that Obambi's internal polls are even worse than what we're seeing from the regular polls on TV. Interesting that I can't remember seeing a Zogby poll since 2008, did he go out of business?

Actually, we don't know who the GOP candidate is yet, but if the NEA is endorsing him 18 months from election day tells me that Obambi's internal polls are even worse than what we're seeing from the regular polls on TV. Interesting that I can't remember seeing a Zogby poll since 2008, did he go out of business?

Zogby

AceRimmer

shoutClear!

Thanks for the link. It just seemed a bit weird that nobody had mentioned him, including Rush in quite awhile.

Why should they wait when everyone knows that whoever it is they will be...well the worst sort of person, the kind of person your mother warned you about.

AceRimmer

Why should they wait when everyone knows that whoever it is they will be...well the worst sort of person, the kind of person your mother warned you about.

shoutValin!

I can already see the GOP candidates going on the LSM Sunday talk show circuit being asked if they're still beating their wives when they're not throwing their grandparents out on the street... :rolleyes: