What's Your Tea Party Story?

Geee

whats_your_tea_party_story.html
American Thinker:

I was thinking the other day about the extraordinary chain of events which lead to me being involved in the Tea Party movement. I had been a singer/songwriter for years in the music business. Ten years ago, this led to an Orlando-based entertainment company offering me the job of my dreams. Mary and I sold our Maryland home and moved to Orlando, FL.

A few months after our arrival, we realized the job offer was a bust. We were on our own.

We decided to stay and try to make a go of it in Florida because there was nothing waiting for us back in Maryland. It was extremely difficult. I tried to make ends meet by singing wherever I could including biker bars. The whole experience, especially the biker bars, was like going to entertainment school. Folks, trust me when I say, you really want to keep bikers happy.

I also worked construction. One day while working, I heard on the radio that an Orlando radio station was hosting a Troop Support rally. Against the advice of talent agents, I have always been outspoken about my patriotism and gratitude to our military. I called the producer of the Orlando rally to ask if I could perform/sing. Amazingly, this guy who did not know me from Adam said "yes." It was a God thing. My original, "Celebrate America" was a big hit at the rally.

The Orlando rally led to me performing at a huge Glenn Beck rally for our troops in Tampa. snip