Pantano Starts Early Campaign for 2012

Valin

About

A letter from Ilario Pantano:

I don’t need to tell you why I’m running for Congress. One look at your own bank account tells you what you need to know. You know the terrible state we are in and the urgency of fresh conservative leadership to retake the house in November. You know I’m running to promote job creation and stimulate the economy by reducing government spending and taxes; you know I’ll protect the homeland - I have the scars to prove that; and you know I’ll preserve our conservative values - values that are under liberal attack every day.

Well, I have two other reasons to bring sanity to Washington, but they are personal: my sons. One is 5 and one is 7 and I want my boys to grow up with the same opportunities that I had. Will they?

By handily winning our GOP primary and out-fundraising (Q1) the 7-term incumbent, we have tipped the scales according to political observers. A race that in January was considered “safely democratic” is now called a 50-50 toss-up. Jim Geraghty of The National Review Online observed that my opponent, a seven-term Democrat and Pelosi-enabler, “would be safe in an ordinary year.” Geraghty goes on to say that in looking hard at the North Carolina races, among the GOP challengers to incumbent Democrats, "only Ilario Pantano stands out."

While primary elections cost money, take time, and can leave candidates bloodied they have many positives too. A primary introduces fresh ideas and new voters to a race, and it battle-tests organizations, methods and messages in a rehearsal of the fight to come. As we say in the Marine Corps, “Sweat lots in peace, bleed little in War,” and make no mistake: with President Obama’s electoral future at stake, November will be tough. I need your help to re-arm.

With a skyrocketing deficit and an out-of-touch radical agenda, the political environment has Liberals on the defensive as we prepare to take the House in November. The Leftie blogs have already attacked, labeling me a “Jack Bauer Republican”. I love that they are scared, and they should be, but we can’t get too confident.

Maybe you have stood with me before; or else this is your first visit to my site. Either way, I need your help to get our conservative message out there. A maximum contribution is $2400 per individual, but $500, $250 or even $25 will go a long way in getting us the commercial air time, signage, and web ads that we need. My opponent has already started filming his commercials! Please do what you can to help me end the Pelosi Majority, and please ask your friends to join us. Winning requires a team effort!

I remain Semper Fidelis,

Ilario Pantano

PS: In the following pages you will find a detailed biography and analysis of why I can win in November. I hope you take the time to study this and pass it along to likeminded supporters. Our nation's future depends on it.

Pantano 2012