Bin Laden Dead: Obama to Address the Nation Any Moment

Sabre86

pollyannaish

I hate to bring out the tinfoil, but based on how he said they've had intelligence for a while about where Osama was hiding, it makes me think this was done now to knock everything else off the front page for a while. Had Trump and the birth certificate thing not come up, it probably would not have been launched until October, 2012.

My husband put the tinfoil on when he saw the celebrations around the White house. He called it "rent-a-white-college-student flash mob." I believe that Ms. Pelosi called it "astroturf."

:lol:

pollyannaish

Just to be clear, I don't think its a wag the dog. I think we have a good military and this is a good day to be an American no matter which side of the political spectrum you fall on.

If you can believe any news organization at this point, Fox is saying that the report of where OBL was surfaced in August. What are the odds that a man who never slept in the same place two nights in a row would stay in the same place for 8 months?

Just to be clear, I don't think its a wag the dog. I think we have a good military and this is a good day to be an American no matter which side of the political spectrum you fall on.

Our men and women are the best, but I would not put it past Obama to put political considerations first when it came to deciding the time to launch the attack.

pollyannaish

If you can believe any news organization at this point, Fox is saying that the report of where OBL was surfaced in August. What are the odds that a man who never slept in the same place two nights in a row would stay in the same place for 8 months?

It seems to me that he probably figured he was pretty safe near the capital of Pakistan...and that our current president didn't have enough focus to go after him.

He forgot that it is the exact same military that is was before. ;)

Edited to add: Oh, I guess that Pakistan thing was just speculation. Never mind.

pollyannaish

Our men and women are the best, but I would not put it past Obama to put political considerations first when it came to deciding the time to launch the attack.

Nah. Everyone knew that Bin Laden is the big catch no matter when it occurred. It's a complete win for all of us all the way around. Libya is another issue...but this is a gimme. No political gamesmanship.

Edited to add, if that was the case...it would have happened closer to the election.

I think we need to call a win, a win. It is what we would have expected from the other side had President Bush gotten him.

clearvision

I don't think we need to see 500 drunk college kids in front of the White House celebrating.

Statement from President Bush:

h/t iowagranny

May 1, 2011

Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001. I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude. This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.

clearvision

Wow listen to all those gun shots going off in the Austin area to celebrate... oh wait that's another country.

So, who wants to make odds as to whether or not Obama's approval rating (at least according to the media) will be higher than President Bush (41)'s 91% after the Gulf War?

pollyannaish

h/t iowagranny

May 1, 2011

Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001. I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude. This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.

Class. Pure class. Love that guy.

clearvision

Talking head is now saying it WAS the drones that Obama increased that drove him out of the mountains to the city.

pollyannaish

So, who wants to make odds as to whether or not Obama's approval rating (at least according to the media) will be higher than President Bush (41)'s 91% after the Gulf War?

His approval rating will go up, no doubt about it. But I don't think it will be 91%. Too many other ugly, muddy entanglements.

Talking head is now saying it WAS the drones that Obama increased that drove him out of the mountains to the city.

Expect the hear the exact same comments on every news outlet except Fox. The talking points have been faxed over.

pollyannaish

CSPAN callers blaming Bush for not getting Osama.

Heh. I can imagine. Sigh. It makes me sad. But as President Reagan used to say: There is no end to what can be accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit. (Or something to that effect.)

h/t iowagranny

May 1, 2011

Class. Pure class. Love that guy.

I know GWB is happy about this.. and you are right pep..class from top to bottom, inside & out

When he asks God to bless our country he means it because he loves our country & KNOWS God.

CSPAN callers blaming Bush for not getting Osama.

Heh. I can imagine. Sigh. It makes me sad. But as President Reagan used to say: There is no end to what can be accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit. (Or something to that effect.)

I know this will sound prejudiced, but every caller I heard sounded black.

Apparently they likely knew where Osama was since February and confirmed it in March.

clearvision

Stock market futures jumping, oil prices falling, cats and dogs living together...

US stock-index futures and Asian shares jumped, while crude oil fell from a 31-month high and the yen weakened after President Barack Obama said Osama bin Laden is dead

pollyannaish

Stock market futures jumping, oil prices falling, cats and dogs living together...

All together now....

Allllllll weeeeeee are saaaaaaaaying....is give peace a .....Hey! Wait a minute. :rolleyes: