So Far, Few Complaints About Response to Tornadoes

clearvision

clearvision
01fema.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
New York Times:

It has been the deadliest natural disaster on American soil since Hurricane Katrina. But the government response to the tornadoes that devastated the South this week has, at least in the first few days, drawn little of the searing criticism aimed at federal agencies back in 2005. :snip:

“It ain’t like Katrina,” said Darius Rutley, 21, whose house in Alberta City was obliterated. “We’re getting help.”

Axavier Wilson, 20, who survived the storm in a closet as the rest of his house blew away, said he had been impressed that both Gov. Robert Bentley and Mr. Obama had visited rapidly. “I don’t think there’s much to mumble and grumble about,” he said. “Everybody feels secure about getting help.” :snip:

Stung by criticism that he waited 12 days to tour the Gulf Coast after the BP oil spill last year, Mr. Obama took barely 40 hours to land in Tuscaloosa :snip:

-------------
This pisses me off. Although these storms are bad, it is nothing compared to the ongoing issues and scope of area that occurred with Katrina. There is complete infrastructure in place around each tornado hit, People can walk to and from damaged areas, drive vehicles in and out, walk to a shelter a couple of blocks away, get supplies from a grocery store. Rescue help comes from the fire station around the corner that did not get hit, hospital across the street treats people.

pollyannaish

I agree. It makes me furious. And the worst part is, the press knows it's making a thinly veiled attempt to hit President Bush again because he is regaining some popularity.

I didn't know it took 40 hours to get to Tuscaloosa by AF-1.

He must have been visiting Texas and the millions of burnt acres / NOT.

Edit:

I did see a newspaper article yesterday that stated that as Obama in his motorcade passed by a Tuscaloosa neighborhood shortly thereafter voices were heard from victims trapped underneath the rubble. Implication: Obama laid on hands.

Cant find the article today.

I didn't know it took 40 hours to get to Tuscaloosa by AF-1.

He must have been visiting Texas and the millions of burnt acres / NOT.

Edit:

I did see a newspaper article yesterday that stated that as Obama in his motorcade passed by a Tuscaloosa neighborhood shortly thereafter voices were heard from victims trapped underneath the rubble. Implication: Obama laid on hands.

Cant find the article today.

It does when you stop at 3 fundraisers first...plus a round of putt putt.

Obama had already planned to fly to Florida for the shuttle launch so just a slight detour.

You know Obambi wouldn't have shown up for the shuttle launch unless he saw the chance for a photo-op with that poor, wounded AZ congresslady.

Obama had already planned to fly to Florida for the shuttle launch so just a slight detour.

You know Obambi wouldn't have shown up for the shuttle launch unless he saw the chance for a photo-op with that poor, wounded AZ congresslady.

I agree with you Ace, for him it was a great chance for another photo op. New rumor I want to start is thzt NASA wanted to launch this Sunday, but the 0 vetoed as he has a tee time on Sunday. He suggested Monday since nothing else was pending on his schedule.

Someone on Twitter thanked the 0 for going to Alabama and using them as a backdrop in the photo's.

righteousmomma
So Far, Few Complaints About Response to Tornadoes

True dat

and Alabama is not Louisiana. And Sheppie was off covering the royal wedding and not having hysterics in N.O.

and the press loves the anointed one and hates W.

Edited by righteousmomma
Forgot to add the usual

righteousmomma

Speaking of which --lets see If I can get this straight--The U.S of A bankrupted Russia by forcing them into competition in a space race. We WON, btw.

Now the O comes along bankrupts the good ole U.S. of A and cancels the shuttle program and is replacing it with Russian made rockets. :blink:

How's all that hopey dopey changey stuff settling in with ya? (Rhetorical question )