GWB Bush joins wounded vets for TX bike ride

NCTexan

539w.jpgBoston.com:

Bush, Armstrong join wounded vets for TX bike ride

TERLINGUA, Texas—Kenneth Butler touched the metal end of his prosthetic arm instinctively as he recalled the horrors he witnessed in Iraq.

Four years after losing his limb when his vehicle was hit by a bomb in Baghdad, the retired army staff sergeant got his first chance this week to meet former President George W. Bush during a three-day bike ride in West Texas attended by more than a dozen other wounded veterans and cycling legend Lance Armstrong.

Bush rode in the event for a chance to meet with veterans and thank them for their sacrifice. But for Butler, he holds no ill-will toward the man who sent thousands of Americans to war in 2003.

"I feel his compassion," the retired parachute infantry squad leader said Wednesday, with a note of melancholy. "It feels like he really cares about us."

Bush and 15 wounded veterans were joined Wednesday in the last leg of a 62.5-mile ride through the rugged desert trails of Big Bend National Park by Armstrong, a seven-time Tour de France champion.snip

=======================================================

POTUS, Commander-in-Chief and Leader of the Free World ... Your pick!

6a00d8341c630a53ef015431fc2619970c-800wi.gifbicycle_2.jpg

BTW... George Stephanopoulos was interviewing GWB from the bicycle ride. Stephanopoulos said that Obama was going to announce the CIA and Sec. of Defense moves later in the day and wanted Bush's comments.

He said, "I don't comment on a lot of things, and especially things that haven't yet happened."

Stephanopoulos said that it was going to happen because they'd reported it earlier in the day.

Bush said, "We all know George... Just because you report it doesn't make it true."

He also said about the ride and the Sgt. Major sitting next to him, "This is tough and I'm an old guy getting ready for Medicare... but I'm in pretty good shape.

However, I looked behind me from my bike... and on my tail I see I'm getting pushed by this one-legged guy!"

You gotta love him.

Really good photo at this link of the ride.

Bike Ride

Oh, man -- I SO wanted to post that on Facebook, but so far I am resisting the temptation. <_<

The Patriot vs The Poser..

and..

"Bush said, "We all know George... Just because you report it doesn't make it true."

Now THAT had to leave a mark!

Really good photo at this link of the ride.

Bike Ride

Oh, man -- I SO wanted to post that on Facebook, but so far I am resisting the temptation. <_<

Did it for you

Picture of the Day: George W. Bush Gets Back on His Bike - Garance Franke-Ruta and Chris Good - Poli

www.theatlantic.com

The former president joined Lance Armstrong and 14 wounded veterans for a 100-kilometer ride through Big Bend

2 seconds ago · · Like · · Share

As good a place as any to post this...from my...You Never Know What You're Gonna Find File....

Recon: Conquering the Climb

04/20/2011

Ten wounded warriors; nineteen days in the Himalayas; one great adventure: a story of facing challenges and overcoming adversity.

This video is long (27:34), but well worth the time spent as you listen to these warriors talk about overcoming their own adversity and life choices they have made.

(Click On Link)

More Here