Ryan booed at Wis. town-hall event over tax rates for wealthy

Geee

157123-ryan-booed-at-wis-town-hall-over-tax-cuts-for-wealthy
The Hill:

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was met with boos at a Wisconsin town-hall event this week as he defended Republicans' plan to extend Bush-era tax rates for the wealthiest individuals.

A video posted by the liberal site Think Progress shows a back-and-forth between Ryan and a constituent who, according to the site, described himself as a "lifelong conservative."

Suggesting the middle class is "disappearing," the man says the top 1 percent of income earners is taking in a far greater share of income. He asks Ryan, the architect of the House GOP's 2012 budget, why "we are fighting to not let the tax breaks for the wealthy expire."

There's "nothing wrong with taxing the top because it does not trickle down,” the man says.

“We do tax the top," Ryan replies, prompting hoots and boos from the audience. snip

He has been home for days with 3-4 town hall meetings a day. Think Progress must be following him around trying to find something negative to report. This is the first time that I have heard anything negative happening at any of the many town hall meetings. Incidentally, this is not a new thing for Paul Ryan, he regularly conducts them all over his district.

I guess it was just a coincidence that TP had a camera there. It looked to me like a set-up and an attempt to demean Ryan and his tax plan.

Anyone know who the white-haired woman was? Ryan seemed to be very familiar with her.

Although Walworth County is predominately conservative, that part of the county is near UW Whitewater which is just as liberal as Madison. As I said, Paul Ryan regularly makes these trips all over the county so no doubt he has encountered these same people over and over. The same people are famous for writing letters to the editor over and over. They generally follow exactly the days talking points. Center for American Progress has started to take equal time with all the editorials in the weekly newspapers here also. I noticed that the guy speaking seemed to be reading from a prepared text.

... no doubt he has encountered these same people over and over.

I can just see them now...

The faces and thinking are the same... only the signs are new.

oldgirlz.jpg

SrWoodchuck

Love the picture, shoutNCTexan!

It looks like a "Progressive Depends" ad, where "Stinky Sue" [holding the sign] just made a disgruntled contribution that shocked the rest of her posse. Did she "Obama" or not?

Only her Depend's knows the truth!

... no doubt he has encountered these same people over and over.

I can just see them now...

The faces and thinking are the same... only the signs are new.

oldgirlz.jpg

Sounds like the seminar callers on Rush's show back in the Clinton years who've started poking their heads out of the ground again now that Obambi is tanking in the polls...