Ready, steady, govern... Lewis talks sprinting on eve of hardest race

Geee

ready-steady-govern-lewis-talks-sprinting-on-eve-of-hardest-race-2267918.html
UK Independent:

The elections to the New Jersey Senate, in which he is standing as a Democrat, are still seven months away, but Carl Lewis has already been thinking like a politician. On a visit to London to promote sales of tickets for next year's Olympic Games, the nine-times gold medallist was clearly anxious not to offend anybody.

"You're not going to get an answer out of me," Lewis laughed when asked who might win the men's 100m next summer. "I'm not in the prediction game. If I predict anything, it's a story. What if I say Tyson Gay is going to win the 100m? Then everyone will run up to Tyson and say: 'Carl says you're going to win the 100m.' Then they'll go to Usain Bolt and say: 'Carl says Tyson is going to win'."

When it came to discussing the staging of the Games in London, however, the 49-year-old was, unsurprisingly, effusive. He liked what he had seen of the facilities and said he had always enjoyed competing in front of British crowds. "I loved them," Lewis recalled as he sat back in a chair at a West End hotel. "They were always great to me. They were very enthusiastic, very knowledgeable."snip

The same Carl Lewis who blew his career as an adman for anything he wanted by mouthing "Millions!" while holding his Gold Medal in front of worldwide cameras at the Olympics? Maybe, after he's seen Obambi, Carl has found his road to riches in politics... :rolleyes: