Frank: GOP hates signs of recovery

Geee

155983-frank-republicans-hate-signs-of-economic-recovery
The Hill:

Rep. Barney Frank says GOP is hoping bad economy will weigh down President Obama in 2012.

Republicans "hate" signs of any economic recovery because they're hoping a weak economy weighs down President Obama politically in 2012, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said Wednesday night.

Frank, the ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee, said that the GOP was "frantic" about signs of an economic recovery, because they could strengthen Obama's political standing going into his 2012 reelection.

"You know, for the last year, every month, we've seen more private-sector jobs," Frank said Wednesday evening on MSNBC. "And, by the way, that's one of the things the Republicans are frantic about.

"This economy is starting to recover, and they hate that, because they want to be able to defeat the president based on a bad economy," the veteran Democratic lawmaker added. "I hate to have to say that, but I think that's true."

News on the job front has been encouraging in recent months. The unemployment rate stood at 8.8 percent in March, down from a high of 10.1 percent in October 2009. Unemployment stood above 9 percent throughout all of 2010. The economy also added 216,000 nonfarm payroll positions last month. snip

Obviously, neither 'The Hill' or Bawney Fwank saw today's jobless numbers before patting each other on the back... :rolleyes:

SrWoodchuck

Obviously, neither 'The Hill' or Bawney Fwank saw today's jobless numbers before patting each other on the back... :rolleyes:

Ace! I wouldn't want Barney patting me anywhere!

"This economy is starting to recover, and they hate that, because they want to be able to defeat the president based on a bad economy," the veteran Democratic lawmaker added. "I hate to have to say that, but I think that's true."

Only an entitled moron could make that statement. Unless you're a union member, the economy hasn't turned around & is unlikely to do so, just 'cause O'Barney say's so.

You put your left leg in....

you don't get nothing back out.....

you put your right hand in....

and waggle it and shout....

You do the Hopey-Changey.....

'Cause that's what it's all about!

Barney's just musing on the old paradox:

"When life's hard, you get screwed.....and when it's soft, you can't beat it."

Barney forgot to add cutting down all the tree, despoiling all the rivers, oppressing all women, children, minorities, stealing all the money, throwing old people out into the street where they can be run over by the Koch brothers driving their heavily arm (evil) SUV.

PS: I almost forgot sending all non Tea Party people to Reeducation Camps.